13. A Clash between Students

"𝖢𝗈𝗎𝗋𝖺𝗀𝖾 𝗂𝗌 𝗇𝗈𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖺𝖻𝗌𝖾𝗇𝖼𝖾 𝗈𝖿 𝖿𝖾𝖺𝗋, 𝖻𝗎𝗍 𝗋𝖺𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗃𝗎𝖽𝗀𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗌𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖾𝗅𝗌𝖾 𝗂𝗌 𝗆𝗈𝗋𝖾 𝗂𝗆𝗉𝗈𝗋𝗍𝖺𝗇𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗇 𝖿𝖾𝖺𝗋." 

– 𝖠𝗆𝖻𝗋𝗈𝗌𝖾 𝖱𝖾𝖽𝗆𝗈𝗈𝗇

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seconds felt like minutes, and minutes felt like hours, as he stares at the White Room student that went by Amasawa Ichika.

Again, hers was a face he didn't recognize to be a part of the Fourth Generation's batch of students. Nor did her name ring a familiar tune to him. And yet still, just like that man from the store, she exuded that same aura. 

Beryl was clenching and unclenching his fists, his feet subtly shifting into a better stance just in case she attacks but....

This is an extremely dangerous situation, he thinks.

No cameras were around, nor were there passer-bys that could spot the scene and call for help. Nothing. It was as if this entire interaction was set up from the start, but Beryl was confident to believe that that isn't the case. This interaction was but a mere coincidence. An unfortunate one, much to their chagrin. The woman in front of him was simply staring at him with amusement all over, she seemed to be studying his every move, as expected from a White Room student but....

Ruby is here... This was the main problem. He needs to get her out of here. She mustn't get hurt.

" Ruby..." He whispers, without looking at her. The distance between them and that woman was good enough so that she wouldn't pick up on his plans. However, there is the chance that she could still interpret what he was going to say due to the sheer scale of the White Room training-- but none of that mattered to him at this point. He needed to get his sister out of  here. 

Ruby turns to him, not saying a word, but Beryl knew she was listening.

" When I say run.....you run as fast you can. And don't look back, okay?"

Ruby was about to retort until--

" We'll run together, just promise me that when you run, don't you dare look back. This isn't a game. Please. Trust me."

.........

Desparation was laced in his tone this time to really engrave it to Ruby's head that he was serious, and that there was no room for argument. Ruby looked disappointed, but mostly worried. Still, she nodded. She trusts him. How could she not? This is her brother....