10. Siblings.

" 𝖯𝖾𝗈𝗉𝗅𝖾 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝗍𝖾𝖼𝗍 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗒 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾. "

- Jacques Cousteau

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" To think you'd actually threaten me....." Tamako leered up at him, her smile wiped off from her face. 

She knew he was serious, and willing to keep to his word. Depending on her answer, huh? Offering her the illusion of a choice in the place of a threat. 

" What makes you think you could beat it out of me? " She asked him, with a cold look in her eyes.

It would've intimidated the average person, after all she's seen and been through from that facility. The taste of bitterness that was left permanently on her tongue the more she remembers, the same bitterness she's trying to wash away with her little sweet cafe. Her eyes really should just scare about anyone, she was never a cold person to begin with but she does have her moments and this was one of them....however...

" What makes you think I couldn't? " He responded in an instant.

It was then that she realized that there was something more to this boy than she had suspected. His automatic response, emotionless, and straight to the point. It sent a nerve-wracking feeling into her stomach. Just who is this...? 

"...."

"...."

Kiyo--....no. Beryl stared at her in silence, waiting for her next move. His eyes gauged her stone-hard expression but her eyes definitely showed that uncertainty he was betting on. She was putting on a front, and in reality she was scared. It's all a matter of how she'll choose to act on that feeling, whether it be to submit to his wishes, or to fight, or even to run. Nonetheless, even if it's option two or three, he'll find a way to get what he wants.

He doesn't know how capable she is. But it's confirmed she's from the White Room, after all, she'd already confessed to that and she perfectly replicated the cold and unfeeling gazes of the instructors from back then. But his instincts told him she was a lot softer than the average.....she was more human than the rest of them.

The silence continued for a little more, but Beryl has cornered her on every other possible route besides the three stated. She could threaten to report him with footage from the CCTV, but who's to say he'd simply let that happen? He's made sure to disable those when she was acting her job as the waitress, he'd snuck into the office while his two co-workers didn't seem to notice. She could try to run but he'd catch up to her, it's clear from her figure that it's been a while since she's engaged into any physical test of sorts. Or any training to maintain that vitality. But he shouldn't underestimate her too much, especially if she does choose to end up resisting and fighting him. He'll have to be careful....but he's confident he'd win anyhow. But truthfully, he's hoping it wouldn't have to go down that way. It's an unnecessary action for her to take.