6. .....and with Sweet Tomorrow

" 𝕀𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕 𝕤𝕙𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕕𝕖𝕕 𝕚𝕟 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕀 𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕟𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕨𝕙𝕠'𝕕 𝕓𝕖𝕖𝕟 𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕘𝕘𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕞𝕖. 𝕋𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕒𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕖𝕟𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙."

- Arima Kana

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Director." 

" Yes?" The director, who was casually flipping through the screenplay, turned to the script supervisor who also worked double as his assistant.

" I gave the crew the small run down of tweaks we made for the big scene. Everyone should be on page, if you want, we can resume the filming right now." He informs.

" Ah, that's good. Alright then, without further delay we can--"

" Excuse me."

The two adults were suddenly interrupted by a boy who approached them, his golden brown eyes staring at them with a distinct glow to them, his golden hair and purple tinted ends tied into a small ponytail. 

" Hm?" The director didn't seem to realize who the boy was at first, until a few seconds later when a flash of recognition slowly spreads across his face. " Oh, you're Aqua's little brother, right?"

Beryl nodded.

" Ah, he told us about you when he was greeting everyone on set with Arima-san. A pleasure to meet you. Hope you're not bored standing around here." The director smiles.

Beryl manages a small polite smile in return. " A pleasure to meet you too, Mr. Director. And don't worry, at first I was quite bored, but as time went on my boredom was replaced with curiosity."

" Really? Do tell." The older man, who was at least just a decade older in age, asked.

Beryl drops the fake pretense smile, and draws his lips to a thin line before saying,

" Mr. Director, I'm curious if this is really the best you can do?"

The director's eyes widened by the sudden shift in tone. And so did the script supervisor's. As silence dawned on them for some time, the director was the first to break out of the spell. Even if he felt unnerved by what the boy said, and in cases like these, he would've immediately dropped the conversation altogether and send Beryl off to the side without further question....

" What do you mean by that?" Yet, he still dared to ask. Ironic as it is, the boy's query spawned the director's own curiosity deep down, and some part of him had to know what the boy thought.