11. The End of the White Room.

"𝘐 𝘢𝘮 𝘯𝘰 𝘣𝘪𝘳𝘥; 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰 𝘯𝘦𝘵 𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘯𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘮𝘦; 𝘐 𝘢𝘮 𝘢 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘯 𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭."

- Charlotte Bronte, Jane Eyre

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The eyes of a white room student were easily identifiable.

Calculating, aware, and observing....

This person's emerald orbs portrayed those three elements found in the average white room student without need for doubt. But these particular set of eyes seemed to hold something else behind them....a deep anger, resentment, and something Beryl could likely define as hatred.

" Are you okay?" The person had asked with faux worry in his tone.

Beryl wondered how this can escalate based on his response. Would it turn violent, and if so, could he win? There's something strange about this person. He doesn't feel like the average white room student....he feels more akin to that of a fourth generation product. But that wouldn't make sense. If he really did come from the fourth generation, Beryl should easily recognize him. Sharp green eyes and brown hair mostly covered by the shelter of his hoodie, he looked to be around the same age as Yuki, potentially speaking.

It irked him to know that he failed to sense his approaching presence. Beryl had never once let that happen before, was it because he let his guard down this time around? No, that can't be it. Something was off about this individual, despite clearly being a white room student, Beryl can't discern the man's intentions. But the dormant anger is evident from his eyes.

He should back away.

" ...Ah, maybe you're mad that we reached for the same thing." The man came to a strange epiphany, a smile dressing his lips as he lends the pudding package to my direction. " In that case, I don't mind if you take this."

It might be a bait. Beryl can't be too trusting here. He needs to get out of his way.