Part 10 Rodenius war: Seakeeper

Central calendar Year 1639, Month 4, Day 25. Maihark Port

Finally the information that a fleet of over 4,000 ships departing from the Louria Kingdom was conveyed and the Qua-Toyne Principality Navy's 2nd Fleet, which was based in the Maihark Port, gathered its ships.

Each ship folded their sails and prepared for the upcoming battle. The sailors inspected the ladders for raiding the enemy ships and loaded the fire arrows and the ignition oil into the ships one after another.

The wooden shields to ward arrows were placed at regular intervals on the deck, and large ballista's were deployed beside the ship.

The number of ships numbered at 50.

"What a magnificent scenery."

Admiral Pancare was looking at the sea where a line of military ships lined up.

"But the enemy is a large fleet of more than 4,000 ships... How many of these will survive...?"

He revealed his honest opinion. In front of an overwhelming number, a sense of insignificance filled his heart.

"Admiral, we received a message from the Navy Headquarters."

The young officer, Breweye ran toward him and reported.

"So it comes. Read it."

"Yes Sir! ("In the evening today, a destroyer fleet of 8 combat ships and 6 landing ships from Elysium will arrive on Maihark offshore as reinforcements. Since they will attack the Lourian Fleet before our force, we instruct one officer to board the flagship as observer officer.") ... That's all."

"What? It's only 8 ships!? Is there not an error for 80 or 800 ships?"

"There is no error."

"Do they really want to do this?... Furthermore, an observer officer? If they only sent Eight ships, isn't it like saying that we are sending the observer officer to his death! How can we do something like sending an officer to what is clearly his death sentence!"

Even though they had established diplomatic relations with Elysium, except for some Foreign Affairs Officials, at this time, only few people knew the real strength of Elysium. Pancare had never seen a Elysian destroyer ship, so this was a natural reaction.

Silent spread between the two.

"... I will go."

Breweye solemnly spoke up.

"However..."

"My swordsmanship is the highest in the Navy. So if it becomes a melee fight, my survival rate is the highest. Furthermore, that Metal Dragon flew from Elysium. So perhaps there is a chance of victory."

"The Metal Dragon that came from across the ocean and flew without flapping its wings. I have not seen it, perhaps it can be considered to have a considerable power...? I am sorry but ... I will leave this matter to you."

"Yes, Sir!"

Central calendar Year 1639, Month 4, Day 25. Evening.

Port Maihark was in a great clamor like a madhouse.

Everyone raised their voices in wonder and admiration. The citizens living nearby, the soldiers, and the sailors altogether were gazing at the direction of the sea.

"What a huge thing!"

"Unbelievable, is that really a ship?"

"Is that a mountain floating on the sea?"