Part 12 Rodenius war: Thousand skies

Qua-Toyne Principality Central Calendar Year 1639, Month 4, Day 30. Government Council

Several days ago on the 26th day of this month, the event of the battle when Elysium repulsed Lourian Kingdom Navy was reported by the military observer officer Breweye as he was asked to give his testimony.

It was previously unprecedented for a mere military observer officer to testify in the Government Council, but as it was a battle report that determined the fate and survival of this country, the country's representatives were seriously listening.

"--, that is the battle report of the Grand Battle of the Rodenius Sea."

The reports were distributed to the members of the Government Council.

"... What is this? Just with 8 ships, Elysium challenged a Lourian Fleet of 4,400 ships and destroyed their morale by sinking 2,400 ships. In addition, they shot down an air support of more than 500 Wyverns, furthermore, the 8 ships didn't receive any damage?"

"When the Elysian Navy warship was issuing a warning, it received a flame arrow. Hence, just like what is stated, the damage is not zero, the ship received a scratch on its hull paint."

"This can't be considered as a damage at all."

It was a subdued retort, but Breweye made a troubled expression. He had thought that it would be unbelievable if he didn't write any damage, but even if he had that paint-damage written on the report, Breweye himself could agree that this line could be seen as a poor joke no matter what. Besides, just how should he wrote it so it will be acceptable?

"The record state that there is no damage on Elysian personnel. So that means, no casualties? Our country navy doesn't even have a part to play? Even if this is a fairytale, it's too preposterous. I don't think that you are deliberately lying in this place, but this report is too unreal that it is unbelievable."

The remark made by the greatly perplexed Foreign Minister Linsui, represented the thoughts of the other council members.

"Foreign Minister, Sir! In the first place, doesn't the report say that Elysium (only have the minimum military power necessary for self-defense)?"

A mock flew from a corner of the Council Room.

By all rights, they should be rejoicing since the Louria's invasion was prevented, but since the result from the first battle was too out of bounds, the Government Council had fear of some sort to Elysium.

"In the report from the diplomatic delegation dispatched to Elysium, they heard that Elysian people can't use magic. But in your report, (The Louria Kingdom Navy's warships were pulverized into fragments by something similar to a massive explosion magic.) So which one is the truth?"

Breweye answered Linsui's question.

"The attack done by Elysium is, to put it in simpler words: (something similar to a massive explosion magic) It can't be concluded whether or not it was magic, but since it exhibited such tremendous power and the closest similar thing that came to my mind is only the explosion magic, I used that expression in the record."

"Then, so that means Elysium repeatedly launched large explosion attacks without magic, which destroyed the Louria Kingdom's warship? That is absolutely impossible."

A mockery flew again, Breweye thought that it will be a waste a time to explain more than this and so he became a bit sullen.

Prime Minister Kanata, who was silently watching the situation, carefully began to talk.

"At any rate, the sea invasion this time has been prevented. Though Louria still should have about 3,000 ships remaining, if they were beaten up this much by just 8 ships, they would be on guard and it will take times before they be able to launch another invasion. Military Minister, what about the situation in the land-side?"