Apprentice

Blades wandered down the path, confused and slightly scared of what's in these woods. He had never been out this long, as it was starting to turn dusk.

He still followed the path. He wasn't thinking of time while out with his friends, so he had left pretty late.

He got to a crossroad. It was familiar, at least. But what wasn't right was that there was a baby kitten, no older than a few weeks. Blades picked up the small kitten, seeing that it was clean, seemed well fed, and healthy in all aspects, yet it didn't have a collar.

Blades, being the soft hearted animal lover he is, couldn't bring himself to leave the kitten, or take it back into town. Blades held the poor kitten close, keeping it warm in this cold winter weather.

When Blades arrived home, he made sure to give the kitten some milk, seeing as it was too tiny for anything else.

Blades went around his house, getting unused blankets, pillows, and fluffy stuffed animals that he turned into a little nest. Once the kitten was done, Blades let the kitten sleep in the nest in his room, that way it wasn't alone.

-----------------

"There you are, Sophia. You shouldn't run away like that. You could've gotten hurt. You're lucky this nice man was kind enough to care for you."

Blades awoke to a voice right outside his bedroom door, when he looked to the kitten's nest, there was no kitten.

Blades approached the door slowly, peaking out of the crack from the door being left ajar.

There, in his living room, was a man with the kitten. He wore a cloak which covered his face. There was a larger cat there too, with two other kittens. A mama and her babies.

"Oh? Well, it seems the man has woken up."

The man in the living room stood up, turning around and seeing Blades.

"Wh-Who are you..?" Blades spoke with a tremble in his voice.

"Well, I don't have a name you mortals would call me by. I suppose you can call me whatever you'd like."

"Th-The kitten. Why do you have her?" Blades tried to seem big and strong, but the man towered over him like a building would to a person. 

"Simple. She's my cat's daughter. Thank you, by the way, for taking care of her."

"It's no problem.."

"You live quite a quiet lifestyle, don't you? Do you get lonely?"

"U-uhm.. well... I suppose. My friends are from out of town and they don't visit very often..."

"Ah... friends from out of town. Let me guess, you aren't often included?" Blades nodded.

The man walked over to Blades, holding out the baby kitten. "She got attached to you. She's been trying to get to you since you walked in here."

Blades took the kitten, cradling the kitten in his arms. "Does she have a name?"

"I call her Sophia, but you can call her whatever you'd like."

"I think I'll stick with Sophia."

The man lowered his hood, a soft smile on his face. His bright, electric blue eyes gazed down at Sophia. "Such a sweet little kitten."

Blades looked at the man, looking at all the tattoos that covered his neck.

"Ah, are you surprised by my markings?" The man asked, seeming to know exactly what Blades was looking at. "Oh uhm.. y-yes sir. I was just confused, it looked like they were glowing.." Blades said, seeming shy now that he had gotten caught.

"They do. Look," The man pulled his cloak down a bit, showing more of his neck. Tattoos covered his neck and collarbone, all of which seeming to lightly glow blue. They looked like Maui's tattoos but Korean historic events instead of Maori tattoos.

Blades looked surprised, staring at the tattoos. "How'd you get them? What.. what are they?" Blades looked up at the man, not seeming to like the height difference.

"They're tattoos of all the historic Korean events I've lived through. From 668 to now," The man said. "You know.. I've noticed that you surround yourself with herbs and odd plants. Well, not odd to me, but definitely odd to mortals. Is there any reason behind this?"

"Oh.. I uh... I used to want to be a wizard but I decided on being a doctor. Nobody visits though."

The man smiles, crossing his arms. "Well, how about you join me as an apprentice in magic? I could make all your childhood dreams come true, you'd be a true wizard."

"Whoa... Really? You can do that!?" Blades looked excited, still cradling the kitten in his arms.

"Of course. So, what do you say, you want to be my apprentice?"

____________

Fuck you guys, you get a cliff hanger.

Well. It's a cliff hanger if you all want a part two. Other than that I don't know.