Chapter 29

^Made by @DCaliberx on twitter^

Carrot POV:
I stretched with a yawn as I stood up, scratching the back of my neck as I got out into the hallway.

I walked towards the kitchen and was almost knocked out as a door opened right next to me.

"Oh hello brother!" I looked at Blue with my usual lazy expression.

"Sup, bro. What's up?" "Oh I'm doing quite well! I'm helping my new friend, Dust, recover from being sick!"

I froze slightly, but Blue didn't seem to notice. "... You don't say?..." "Yeah! I'm going to the kitchen to get something for Dust to eat!"

I chuckled and nodded. "Well alright then see ya later" "Talk to you soon!"

I frowned and knocked on the door, before walking inside. "So you and my brother are friends now?" "... Yeah"

I could see how Dust tensed up as he saw my frown. "I'm not here to fight. I just want to tell you that."

My eyes became empty as I stared at Dust. "You hurt my brother, I'll break your neck."

Before I could leave, Dust spoke up. "I would never hurt Blue. He is too nice for me to even think about hurting him."

I smiled as I saw the determination in Dust's eyes. "Yeah he is quite nice. I'm just warning ya to not screw up" "I won't"

I shrugged and started to walk out of the room. "Yeah yeah. Well see ya and remember what I warned you"

3rd POV:
"Bossssss, I'm booorred!" Killer whined and leaned against the bookshelves.

"And why should I care?" "Because I'm your favorite?" Nightmare stared at Killer with an indifferent look.

"You annoy me. Everyday." Killer chuckled and rolled his eyes. "So? You enjoy my company"

"Whatever helps you sleep at night" "I wouldn't mind if you were the one helping me~" Nightmare shook his head and sighed. To the amusement of Killer. "Could you stop for once?"

"No thank you!" Nightmare sighed and looked up from the book, to Killer "What do you want?"

"I already told you, I'm booorred" "You're always bored, but you normally bother Cross instead" Nightmare ignored how Killer leaned back into him.

"So what do you want?" "Um... Well- Why did Cross go and get help from you?" Nightmare glanced questioningly at the nervous Killer.

"Cross had a nightmare and I normally don't sleep." "HAH! That's ironic... Actually, when did you last sleep?"

"Unlike you, I do not require sleep" "So it's been awhile?"

Nightmare sighed. "You're annoying" "I try~"

Killer chuckled and relaxed against Nightmare, Nightmare letting him relax as he started to read again.

...

Nightmare looked at Killer that was surprisingly quiet and chuckled slightly as he noticed that Killer had fallen asleep, going back to reading as he let Killer rest.

Science POV:
I clutched my head with my hands, groaning as I could feel a headache start.

"This would be easier if I had a way to test the machine without risking losing it or someone in the void"

I kept looking at the white board and the blueprint of the machine I had borrowed from Classic, checking every single equations as I was trying to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the toad of truth.

"Brother! I brought spaghetti!" I jumped in surprise, before I smiled at Paps that was holding up a plate of spaghetti with a smile. "Thank you"

I reached for the plate, before Paps pulled back from me. "I'm not giving it to you, if you don't take a break and join us in the dining room!"

I looked hesitantly back at the machine blueprint and the formulas on the white board. "... Fine..."

I chuckled as I saw the gleeful smile on Paps face. "Let's go then!" I followed after my brother who had already ran down to the living room.

...

Reaching the dining room, I blinked in surprise as I saw Horror wolfing down the plate. To the indifference and amusement of others.

I patted Horror's back as his skull swirled quickly towards me. "Calm down. No one is going to steal your food and there is more than enough for everyone."

Horror nodded half-heartedly and picked up a fork, trying to eat slowly.

No longer talking to Horror, I sat down and glanced around. Seeing a human, Classic who was drinking ketchup and making puns to the annoyment of Papyrus and Paps.

"Here you go brother!" I smiled as Paps put the plate infront of me. "Thank you, Paps"

"So how's my brother spaghetti? It's impossible to a-void isn't it?" "Sans!/Classic!" Papyrus and Paps said at the same time, making Frisk chuckle and making Me and Toriel laugh.

"If I had to be honest. It's a mess of formulas and theory. If I had someway to check if it's possible. It would be easier and-" My scientific rambling was stopped by Paps. "Brother! You promised to take a break"

The others chuckled and to my surprise, Horror did too.

"Let's eat more before the spaghetti becomes cold!" Papyrus said with a smile.

"It's already cool enough-" "Sans!/Classic! Stop!" Paps and Papyrus lamented, the others laughing and chuckling.

865 words