WRITER'S VAULT

WRITER'S VAULT

23 April 1978
Littlewood Inc
Salisbury, Rhodesia

"I'm here boss. Got your call." Chisiriro Ncube says walking towards John.
John: This is Francis Less-Cherwitt from Price Waterhouse.

Francis and Ncube shake hands.
Lance Lanceson enters the offices.
John: Mr Less-Cherwitt, do take a seat. Wr will be back.

"Let's go!John, Lance." Mr Littlewood takes the men with him.

John: That man in the is an auditor from a huge accounting firm and he is here to check out out books and some irregularities.
Ncube: Is this about that thing in Nyasaland years ago. I told you we would get caught.
John: Yes you told me.
Lance: This is a big one.
John: Lance brought some papers here.
Ncube: What are we going to do?
John: We are going to handle this like men. Your signatures were on most of the papers, remember?
Ncube: Yes, I remember. I'm going to jail aren't I?
John: Yes, you are.
Ncube: What!
John: You have to take one for the team because I am obviously not going to jail. I am a big man. But what they will do is to shove every black man in the accounting department into jail.
Ncube: I told you it was a bad idea.
John: Yes you did but we would have lost thousands of pounds, tens of thousands.
Ncube: So, what do we do?
John: Sign the documents that Lance has that say you take the fall but in court don't pleas guilty because they will not have much evidence. This way the company will not be held accountable.
Ncube: Okay okay.

Lance hands the documents over to Ncube.

John: If you read the document clearly you will see that when you come back from jail you will get a promotion and £85 000.

Lance: They will fine you but you will not give them any cash. They will probably seize a few assets.
Ncube: And my family?
John: I will take care of that.
Lance: Sign here and here.
Lance pulls out another document.
Lance: Sign in the same areas. This is your personal copy.

25 April
Ncube Residence

A loud knock is heard and Aisha opens the gate.
"Good morning officers!" She greets the men who were outside the gate.
"Good morning!" One of the police officers replies."We are looking for a man by the name Chisiriro Ncube."
"He is my husband." Aishasays. "Come in."
The policemen enter the premises and Ncube gets out the house, looks at them know that it was time.
"You are under arrest." One of them says.

Aisha: For what!
Ncube: Don't worry about me.
The two kids watch as their father is dragged to the police vehicle.

John Littlewood, PhD

John Littlewood was born in London in 1940.
His parents moved to Rhodesia where he went to school at St Georges College. He went back to England were he furthered his studies at Oxford University. He attained a Bachelor's degree in Business and finances and went back to Rhodesia where he took over his parents' estates and property. John got his Masters and PhD at the University of Rhodesia.
He had 80hectares of land where he does his agricultural practices and has buildings which he rents out.
He also owns a few trucks and was venturing into buses with renowned business man, Josephat Ruredzo.
John hired 20year old Chisiriro to be his property manager and to manage a few stores, trucks and estates in 1962.
They were hired to deliver a few documents, cash and checks to a company in Nyasaland which they defrauded and buried them in paperwork with hope that they would not go through that paperwork.