WRITER'S WORDS

WRITER'S VIEW

People fail to understand the whole idea of this story. It capture the zeitgeist of the period prior to the independence of Zimbabwe (Rhodesia). The panache of the affluent white businessman is also shown. I also try to show how the blacks lived and how they were treated but by this time it was getting better since they owned their own businesses and had fought twice in the first and second chimurenga.

The whole idea or storyline will be made clear in the coming chapters since we are now getting to the climax of the story and I only planned the beginning, climax and end but not the events in-between. I try to be as creative as possible and the critics have been showing me that I am lacking some emotion/ attachment within the character building so i gave them chapter four in which we see Cherise being a normal teenage girl battling with the desires of the flesh.

I was trying to desist from writing scene of affection because I can get too explicit because I have too wide an imagination. This would end up being a book rated R. But I am trying to write some family friendly work which brings nostalgia to the reader who were the between this colonial era.

Some critics will say that my story is an improbable concoction. That is exactly what it is. History fiction. I have not been to Zambia, I don't know anything about St. George's college but that is the beauty of it. I am trying to get you to think. A wow factor.

Characters to watch:

Pay attention and keep these characters in mind because they are very vital in this story.
In no specific order:
1. John Littlewood
2. Chirisiro Ncube
3. Aisha Ncube
4. Cherise Ncube
5. Donovan Tanaka
          6. Colin Littlewood
          7. Makanaka Zembani
          8.Sipho
          9. Roger
        10. Austin Ncube
         11. Sarah Littlewood