The Glory of Ectbatana

A.N.
These chapters follow the anime episodes + my own character's experiences, so they might be long. If I find them too long, I'll split them between chapters. Happy reading <3

"Wait!" The white haired boy said, but Etoile didn't slow down. He couldn't risk it, as a large group of Parsian guards were close behind. Slaves and servants made a path for them as they ran past, wondering what was going on.

As the three dodged civilians, Zofia could hear the soldiers shouting after them.
"THERE HE IS!"
"AFTER THEM!"

Etoile turned a corner and pulled them up a flight of stairs. While Zofia could see where she was going, the boy couldn't. As they ran, she pulled on his purple robe to avoid him crashing into stair's railing.

They were at the highest floor of the building. There were guards were behind them, and now more guards in front of them. "Stop!"

They were cornered, and spears were being pointed at them.
"Let him go!"
"There's nowhere to run now!" They said.

"Don't come any closer! Come closer and I'll break his neck." He threatened. He'd let go of Zofia to take out his sword, keeping it dangerously close to the boy's neck. "Zofia," he said softly. "Keep up. Run, because your life depends on it. And you, heathen! If you don't want to die, run!"

Then like any sane person, Etoile and the boy jumped off the railing, and luckily landed into a large pile of laundry, cushioning their fall. Zofia panicked, and jump off shortly after them.

For the first time in a long time, she felt it was right to use her magic...
Focusing on the wind's direction, she somehow managed to have the wind cushion her fall, and her feet gently touched the stone ground.

At least my magic still works, but my energy is so low...

Since Zofia wasn't busy trying to get out of a pile of clothes, unlike Etoile and his hostage, she could the guards converse in disbelief.
"What?!"
"That girl was using sorcery!"
"The prince..."

Prince..? She thought. What are they...oh. Oh no.
It dawned on her. How could she have not seen it before? Had she been so blind? There was obviously a reason so many guards were after them. They'd taken Pars' Prince...

Her feet and ankles suddenly felt fine. They had to make a run for it. They had to go.

"Come!" Etoile yelled at her. He was already running away, holding the Prince of Pars by his sleeve. "My apologies!" He said to the servants.
"Run, you slowpokes! Zofia, hurry up!" He called.
She bolted her them.

———

"Coming after me with that many men, you must be the pampered son of a prominent family." Etoile guessed. "Looks like I made the right choice switching hostages to you."

Zofia was close behind the two, listening and trying to keep up. Oh Etoile, can't you realize it too?

They jumped from roof to roof, but one leap was two big. As the three jumped, the grabbed on to what seemed to be...a giraffe? What in the world are these doing here?, she thought.

While Zofia had a good grip, Etoile didn't. He struggled to hold on, flailing his legs around in the air. When he slipped, Zofia's heart dropped. She didn't have enough energy to move the wind and catch him. Dammit, what can I do?!

But the Prince reached out and caught him, saving him.

The giraffe seemed to be getting upset with the amount of pressure on its neck, and flung them to the next roof with a swing of its neck. The three landed with a loud thud.