Dead Silence

Kharlan had picked up Zofia's body as they left.

He just couldn't believe it, nor could he bring himself to leave her behind. She was dead. And it was his fault. He was the one who lead Lord Silver Mask into the sewers. Kharlan hadn't known that she would have been tasked with protecting 'the Queen'.

He had purposely broken her arm so she wouldn't have to fight. She wasn't meant to be there.

And now she's dead.

He had placed her in his study, away from the fighting, as she should have always been.

She was like a daughter to him; the daughter he never had. They'd started out as Mentor/Mentee, turning into someone they could trust, and at the last moments of her life, they'd become enemies.

It truly was a horrible way to go.

He lay her down by the bench, not being able to bring himself to look at her scars, or her pale, blue face. He placed a hand over her eyes, and closed them.

She ought to have a proper burial, after all this, he thought.

Kharlan looked at Zofia one last time, before going back into battle. This night, Androgoras will no longer be sitting on the throne.

...

Minutes of silence flew by.

...

Was the coast clear?

A.N.
Sorry for the short chapter guys but I had to post something! I've got a pretty good idea for this story, so please be patient 💕