Room mates (18+)

"Your turn," Becky says, and passes Freen the wine glass. It's one of those massive ones, the kind you buy your mom for her birthday because she loves pinot grigio and you couldn't think of anything else, the kind that only gets brought out for holidays and bachelorette parties and requires two hands to hold properly.

It was a gift from Jim last Christmas, and it's become the main party favor of Freen and Becky's spontaneous girls' nights, the nights when one or both of their plans fall through, and they've got nothing better to do than lie around binging snacks and alcohol and episodes of Gossip Girl.

Becky isn't sure how the game started, but the rules are simple: take a swig, tell a secret, pass the glass back to Freen, rinse and repeat. It'd started taming enough, stories of how Becky used to hate her baby fat on her cheeks in secondary school and how kids always bullied her for it, and went on a diet every day until her cheeks became thinner and thinner. (She'd calmed down with it after graduating, only dieting when she felt like it, but then a certain doe-eyed girl mentioned that her cheeks reminded her of dumplings aka her favorite food, and Becky hasn't hated her cheeks ever since. She leaves that part out.) Freen tells how she once put orange dye in her mom's shampoo as a joke, but it looked so awful that she felt bad and dyed her own the very next day, and that's why there aren't any photos of her from the first four months of year eight.

It goes on like that for a while. Then, they get close to finishing off their second bottle of merlot, loose and giggly as they pass the last few remaining swigs between them, and, well.

"I came so hard the first time I went down on a girl," Freen's saying, swirling the wine in the bottom of the glass. It catches Becky off-guard a bit, but she tries her best to hide her flush, propping her chin on her hand and giggling out a breathy, "really?"
"Yeah, I just - I don't know if it was just because it was the first time I'd ever really been with a girl at all or what, but I got so worked up eating her out that I just lost it as soon as she touched me. I was like, sixteen, but I swear to God I haven't come that hard since then," Freen finishes, punctuated by a little laugh as she covers her mouth like she can't believe what she just said. "Too much? Sorry. Here, your turn."

Becky feels a little dumbstruck herself, darting her eyes towards the tells they stopped paying attention to ages ago as she takes the glass from Freen. She thumbs at her lip as she tries to think of a secret to tell, anything that isn't I think of that time we fake-grinded at Jisoo's birthday party every time I rub one out. Freen's expectant gaze certainly isn't helping anything, making Becky's skin prickle with heat.

"I can't think of anything," she finally sighs, tipping the glass back toward Freen in defeat.

Freen keeps her hands in her lap, narrowing her eyes. "Nothing? No sex scandals recently? No married men? Not even a little kiss with him who shall not be named?"

Becky's mouth drops open, one hand reaching out to gently shove at Freen's shoulder.

"Shut up, it didn't mean anything. And I told you that in confidence," she gasps, feigning disbelief.

"I haven't told anyone?"

"Fine, with confidence that you'd never mention it out loud again, bitch." Becky wants to cross her arms over her chest, but she can't with the massive wine glass she's cupping, so she just pouts as she nudges Freen's calf with her toe. Freen laughs and shakes her head, propping her head up on her elbow as she watches Becky inquisitively.

"You really can't think of a single thing?" she asks, raising her brows. Becky flushes and lets her head loll onto the back of the couch, catching her lip between her teeth.

There is this one thing.

"I haven't, um," she starts, resisting the urge to cover up her face.

"Out with it, Jen." Freen groans. Becky's suddenly regretting this whole thing, and she's sure she's been red now, so she just blurts it out so fast she's not sure if Freen even understands her right away.