First Last Date G!p

After a failed blind date, a little incident makes Freen and Becky come clean about their feelings for each other.

.....

"Stop fighting with me! I've been given explicit instructions, and you're going on this date whether you like it or not."

Freen groaned dramatically as Becky tugged on her arm. "I already showered and everything, what else am I supposed to do?"

"Um, put on a decent outfit?"

"What if I don't even want to go?"

"Too bad. You had the opportunity to back out when Irin asked you if she could set you up, and you didn't, so now you're going." Becky mimed dragging Freen down the hallway to the freen's room. "As your best friend and roommate, I'm in charge of making sure you show up and look good."

Heavy footsteps fell on the floor as Freen stomped after the brunette. "As my best friend, I'd think you'd be on my side about not wanting to go."

The both of them had been best friends since they were kids. Growing up next door to each other, they'd spent years playing in each other's driveways and backyards in the summer or making snow forts in the winter. They might have teased each other mercilessly, but they both knew they were always there for each other. They had helped each other with crushes, first dates, first boyfriend and girlfriend, and first subsequent heartbreak.

It seemed only natural for them to room together while in college. And it just so happened that when the both of them graduated, they just kept living together.

Becky knew people thought it was strange. Here they were, in their mid-twenties, living together platonically. She knew a good number of people assumed they would get together eventually, but she was sure Freen had never felt that way about her.

She let herself into Freen's room as the taller woman trailed behind her. "Just watch. She's going to be super hot and sexy and funny. It'll be your last first date, you'll fall in love and have eight kids and tell everyone about how it was love at first sight. And I can be cool Auntie Becky and ride a motorcycle and buy them alcohol when they start going to parties in high school."

"You've never even been anywhere near a motorcycle."

Becky grinned at Freen from across the room as the freen stood in the doorway, head tilted in a pout. "I'll learn to ride a motorcycle." She said.

"I don't know why you and Irin think that I need to be dating someone." Freen entered the room and flopped onto her bed. "Maybe I'm happy living the single life."

"At the very least, you need to get laid, Freen." A startled noise came from Freen's throat and Becky giggled and opened her friend's closet, searching through her clothes. "You used to have a parade of babes coming through here. Now you're all grouchy. It's clearly sexual frustration."

"That is so very wrong. Besides, not all of us need a 'parade of babes' in our rooms. Unlike you, I like to have a night off once in awhile. Rest up, you know."

Becky snorted. "Are you calling me a ho?"

"Nah, you already know you're a ho."

They both lost it, and Becky threw a shirt at Freen playfully between giggles. "Try this on for me."

She heard Freen shift off the bed behind her and reluctantly begin changing as she dug through the freen's closet for a few more outfit options.

"So, who's this girl, again?" Freen asked.

"Irin. She's a social worker. I've met her a couple times, she's super pretty and sweet. Silver hair, kind of a boho-chic vibe. Lots of flowy dresses and such."