Wolf Wife 2

"What's wrong, hon?" Freen shifted the heavy pack on her shoulders and eyed Becky sidelong. "You've been making grumpy noises to yourself for the past thirty minutes."

Becky sighed. Time to let it out. "Well...it's just. My feet hurt, and my legs are tired, and I want Starbucks, and it smells weird out here. And I think we're lost."

Freen chuckled. "You're ridiculous. We're almost there, it's fresh air you're smelling, and we're not lost. I can hear running water up ahead."

Becky pouted. "And the Starbucks?"

Freen gestured around them. "This was your idea, remember?"

Becky glanced around. Bright sunlight filtered through the thick canopy of leaves above. A light breeze tossed branches back and forth in a lazy swishing dance. Leaves crunched beneath their feet as they walked, and she heard the light trilling of a bird not very far away. It was all very picturesque. Like a postcard. And that's what she wanted: to be back in New York, amid the energy and bustle, looking at this scene on a postcard to send to her dads.

Freen was right, though. This was her idea. They found out a week ago that Becky was pregnant, but somehow life had chosen that moment to hit them hard. They were so busy they had barely seen each other. When Becky suggested they block out the weekend to spend it together in the Adirondacks, Freen readily agreed.

"You hate it." Freen frowned. "We can go back, if you want."

Becky sighed dramatically. "We drove four hours for this, and we walked for another two. We're not turning back now."

"Well. I guess you'll just have to find some way to enjoy yourself this weekend." Freen took her hand. Becky squeezed lightly and glanced at her, smiling.

"As long as I'm with you, I'll find a way."

"This is it," Freen announced, striding into a flat clearing a good way from the dwindling path. "Our own little piece of forest for the next couple days. My friend said nobody knows about this spot, but even if they did, the nights are too cold now for most people to bother."

Becky stood at the edge, looking around. It was actually pretty nice. She heard a small creek running nearby, but couldn't see it through the thick woods and brush. "Good thing I have a hot-blooded wolf to keep me warm," she said.

Freen grinned. "Yeah." She placed her pack down against a thick oak and leaned against it, panting lightly.

Becky dropped her backpack and placed her hands on her hips. She took a deep breath. "Still smells weird," she muttered. Freen just rolled her eyes.

Her girlfriend looked delicious like this: toned muscles gfreentening with sweat under her red tank top, ashen blonde hair pulled back in a tight pony. It reminded Becky of their high school days, when Freen would be tired but horny after dance practice and Becky would eagerly suck her off until she came on her tongue. She glanced surreptitiously at Freen's crotch, swallowing like she could taste her now.

"We should get set up," Freen said. She knelt by her pack and started undoing the straps. "Do you know how to put a tent together?"

Becky just stared at her until Freen got the message.

— — —

Half an hour later found Freen standing in the middle of a mess of poles and a collapsed tent. She growled in frustration as Becky consulted the directions, turning the little booklet this way and that. She squinted at the diagrams. "There are little hooks at the bottom," she pointed out. "Did you put the poles in the little hooks?"

"Yes! I don't get it. It may have been a while, but I promise I've done this before."

"I believe you, honey," Becky said. "Look, why don't you go for a run? I know you'd rather be stretching your legs than doing this. I'll figure it out somehow."