Chapter 1.𝓔𝓶𝓲𝓵𝔂 𝔀𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓾𝓹

One day  I was sitting on the sofa, lost in my thoughts, daydreaming, when something terrible interrupted me. As I turned, I saw my mom, her face filled with tears, crying. Concerned, I quickly stood up and approached her, asking, "Mom, are you okay?"

Through her sobs, she managed to say, "Your father..." Her voice trailed off, and my heart started to race. I had no idea what could have happened to my father. Desperate for answers, I pleaded, "What happened to Dad?" 

"He was hiding something from us," Mom confessed, her voice trembling. My mind filled with worry and confusion. "What is it? Just tell me," I urged, my voice shaky. Taking a deep breath, Mom continued, "Your dad borrowed money from the Yu family. They are wealthy, you know. They're threatening to evict us from our home, taking away our belongings and jewelry." My heart sank at the thought of losing everything we had. "What?" I exclaimed, unable to believe what I was hearing. The news hit me like a ton of bricks. "We need to pay them back, or they'll kick us out?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper. With a heavy sigh, Mom confessed, "Our debt is $300,000. We can't repay such a large amount in just one day, even if we work day and night." The weight of the situation crashed down on me, and I felt a sense of helplessness.

" The weight of the situation crashed down on me, and I felt a sense of helplessness

She told me to go to my room and get some sleep since it was already night. Reluctantly, I made my way to my bedroom, but sleep seemed impossible. Overwhelmed with emotions, I couldn't hold back my tears. "Why should we lose everything?" I whispered to myself, feeling a deep sense of injustice and despair. The weight of our financial burden hung heavily in the air, keeping me awake and consumed by worries.

Unable to sleep, I woke up without any recollection of dreams. As I descended the stairs, I found my mom waiting for me, her expression weighted with sadness. Confused, I asked, "What's going on?" "Pack your belongings, sweetheart. We have to leave our current house before they evict us. We must get out before that happens," my mom replied, her voice filled with a mix of resignation and urgency. It was hard to process the fact that we were about to return to our old life, leaving behind the comforts we had grown accustomed to. Nodding in disbelief, I responded, "Okay, I will." Making my way to my room, I hastily began packing my things. I didn't bother putting away my jewelry, opting to keep a cherished piece gifted by my late grandmother. It held both sentimental and emotional value that I couldn't bear to part with.