Chapter 7:-Seeing you

"It feels good around here. Do you come here often?" I inquired.

"Not yet. This is my first time coming around here," Mu Liam shared, offering a glimpse into his world beyond the office walls.

"I thought the world was so small that you would never have time to chat or eat with me while having to work," I said softly, feeling a pang of loneliness.

He didn't answer- he simply gazed at me. An uncomfortable silence hung between us, making me feel like I was on the verge of losing my mind.

"Let me ask you something", I hesitated.

"Go ahead", he replied curtly.

"Is Mu James really your brother?" I questioned.

"What kind of question is that?" he retorted.

"Just... I mean, he seemed more friendly when we first met, and I thought we would get along with him," I explained uncertainly.

He studied my face, which was filled with a friendly expression since he seemed less cold today. I could sense his hidden emotions—anger, irritation maybe—about what I had just said.

"What about me?" Mu Liam finally spoke up.

"You..." I paused, the words suddenly turning cold and strained. I took a deep breath before continuing, "You are... I mean, you were distant when we first talked. I felt like I was freezing because of the coldness surrounding you."

His piercing gaze met mine, and then he turned away to stare at the sea.

"Bella" a gentle voice called behind us.

My heart skipped a beat as I turned to see Jason approaching us.

"Jason" I greeted him, relief flooding through me.

Mu Liam watched our interaction before Jason spoke up, "Bella, I've been looking for you."

Concern filled my voice as I asked, "Are you alright? What happened?"

"You need to come with me-grandma is sick," Jason explained urgently.

"What?... ,How?" I gasped.

"You've been in bed, not eating or drinking. When she heard, her heart attack started," Jason explained further.

"Jason, is she alright?" I inquired anxiously.

"Yes, she's fine. She's at the hospital," he reassured.

Jason then noticed Mu Liam and asked, "This is..."

"My boss," I introduced briefly.

"And what is he doing here?" Jason pressed.

"Just getting me breakfast," I replied.

Jason introduced himself to Mu Liam, but the latter remained distant and cold.

"Bella," Mu Liam cut in suddenly, "I have to go. Don't forget to start work tomorrow."

"Okay, see you tomorrow, Mr. Mu Liam," I acknowledged.

Mu Liam simply walked away without a word.

"Did you bring your motorcycle?" I asked Jason.

"As usual, I brought it," Jason affirmed.

We made our way to the motorcycle, and I climbed onto the back, holding on tightly as we rode off into the distance.

We arrived at the hospital and walked into Ginna's room. She was awake, chatting with a nurse when we entered. I saw Ginna lying on the bed, looking a bit tired but giving me a warm smile.