Chapter~4

Like
.
.
.
Comment
.
.
.
Enjoy
.
.
.
I don't remember taking control, I just woke up to this plane landing at the airport. Since I woke up, I have been staring at the man sitting across from me. The past has given me a lot to ponder over. One of the thoughts is that the man sitting in front of me can be a threat.

Why? It is not because I am sure but because everyone who I don't know is a threat and fits in that category. First rule of life? Trust no one. No matter how much trustworthy that person may look like, do not do it. You will regret it.

"Is everything alright?" He asked, glancing up.

Turning my attention away from him, I paid my mind to the pilot announcing that we have safely landed in Sicily. I should be happy that I am where I wanted to be. Everything is going as planned. But nothing is exciting enough. There is no adrenaline rush since I killed both of them. What does remain is the numbness that is trying to suffocate my mind.

Cosa Nostra, the Italian mafia, is the reason I am here. In other words, Sicilian Mafia, a criminal society operating on the island of Sicily. There are two mafia families, one rules the western Sicily while the other has in its grip the eastern part. The family who reigns the western part is the Rossi family. The family I belong to.

The other is the Giordano family. Both are each other's rivals. But a truce that was signed between the previous capos prevents them from waging a war against each other. The Rossi Mafia is against the flesh trade, slavery and other atrocities. Their rivals, however, specialize particularly in these monstrosities.

They run the largest human trafficking ring known in their despicable world of crimes. They kidnap the lone travelers, tourists or people with no known family, and sell them in the auction where the made-men from all over the world come to buy their playthings.

They also export as well as import women, children, man and any human of different race or ethnicity to serve the disgusting fetish of these so-called powerful people. What is more unbelievable is the fact that politicians and other leaders also participate in these events.

The aim of my life is to burn down the Giordano empire into ashes. I want to slit their leader's throat for what he did to several innocent people. For what him and his people did to me. My soul starves from the revenge it desperately needs. It needs to watch their life crumble into dust.

I owe this revenge for myself. To avenge their death. And fate knows I will kill and destroy everything or everyone that comes in my way. That was a promise I made on someone's grave.

Trying to calm myself, I thought about meeting Emma and Damien after a while. Remember when I said trust no one? No matter how much trustworthy they are? That does not include them. If there is anyone I trust with my whole life, it's them. 

Because there are people who care about you. They don't care about how twisted in the head you are, they are there for you. Ready to take a life for you or ready to give it up for you. I know this because they took a life for me as well as a bullet. Both figuratively and literally.

While I was busy thinking about everything, we had already exited the airport. Vincenzo was on his guards, towering over me, as we head to the black SUV waiting for us.

This time, the driver who was wearing a completely black uniform with an earpiece, opened the backdoor for me. Acknowledging the gesture, I got in. Vincenzo too sat in the back with me.

"Vanessa, this is Marco, our driver. Marco, meet Vanessa." Vincenzo introduced us.

Marco seemed to be the same age as Vincenzo. However, his height and the muscled made him look like a giant. I noticed a tattoo creeping up from under his shirt to his neck. His hair was also tied in a man bun with a single strand dropping loose on his eye.