Chapter~17

A/N:- For those who don't know why I didn't update, it was because I was unwell.

Also, to whomever it absolutely doesn't concern, I wore my new heels to uni, and now I have blisters and my skin peeled. Now, they hurt like a bitch. This is the first time this happened, like I wear heels on day to day basis and I'm very comfortable.

Also, I didn't even feel my skin peeling off, not until I came back home and removed them...and I was like oh??
....
.
.
Like
.
.
.
Comment
.
.
.
Enjoy
.
.
.
Dante's POV:

Something heavy rests on my heart, and it feels like my heart is sinking down into some dark pit. I should be used to this feeling considering I supported my brothers when our father could not. And our father tried his best against all the odds. But sometimes best is never enough.

That's when I was forced to step in after noticing how much he was struggling. But this sinking feeling where someone fists your heart and squeezes it so fucking heart that it screams in agony, it never goes away. Every time it returns, it gets worse.

Yet I never thought it would hurt this much. Especially when your sister believes that I, her brother, can torment her physically. Even the notion of raising my hand other than to comfort her makes me sick to my stomach. 

In Cosa Nostra, or any other mafia families, women might be oppressed and considered weak, but not in my family. Not where I fucking rule. The unethical traditional ways of considering women some baby making machine and a way to strengthen your ties by pimping them in the facade of arrange marriage is a sin our father make sure to stay away from.

He was the first man in our lineage to whom the women lives were a main concern. A true feminist to his last bone. He made sure his men would think twice before resorting to any abuse inflicting on the women of Cosa Nostra. All women knew that they had the power in their fucking grip and their husbands or fathers had to dance to the tune they sang.

Still, I was perceived by my sister as a man who would commit the heinous misdeed. If she has lived with us only for two days and came up with that view, it must mean I fucked up. But I have absolutely no idea what I did to be apprehend as a fucking low life. 

"Nico, please inform your sister that she can attend the university from tomorrow. Or a day or two late if she prefers. Also give her this" I took out my black card before passing it to Nico and further concluded with "She can use it as per her likeness.".

Nico whispered an okay but when I turned back to leave, someone intentionally cleared their throat in hope to steal my attention and they were successful in doing so.

"What Enzo?" I turned back. All of them were staring at me with so many questions. Armano, although was the one who voiced out the curiosity eating everyone there. 

"I think you missed the part where you explain what just happened."

I know. It was intentional. 

"What would you all like to know?" I questioned, ready to feed them the inquisitiveness they are seeking like some starved wolves.

"What complaint were you talking about?" Angelo was the one who shot the question.

"What right do you have to know that? Last I heard you wanted my sister to crawl back to where she came from." My words were cold, with an unimpressive glare directed at him.

"She is not just your sister." He retorted. 

"Act like a fucking brother then. Until you prove yourself worthy to be called that, you have no right to sniff in her business." It was a threat. Angelo has a weird way to show his love. No, he is scared to display some affection because he fears that it would hurt him if he got too attached. 

But what will sting more is when he keeps pushing our sister away and burning the relationship between them to ashes before it even begins. That will be pure agony and the regret will be the worst torture for him. Because only he himself will be to blame for the damage he may cause.

"Why is everyone on each other's fucking throat since she came back? You know what, I am leaving. I don't care what the fuck happened to her or what she did." He shouted and stormed out. I know him better than he knows himself just like I know he is outside and eavesdropping in an attempt to listen to me.

"Is it bad if I say that it was absolutely necessary? He has been acting like a jerk to her since she came back and might be one of the reasons why she doesn't feel welcomed or trust us?" Vince voiced out. 

"He can act like a jerk all he wants but at least he should notch it down a bit." Lorenzo agreed with Vince.

"He must notch it down a fucking lot because he is provoking me to hurt him." Nico snapped, frustrated at our brother.

"I will talk to him." Armano didn't say anything further. He might think that we are being harsh on his twin, but he also knows the importance and necessity of our actions and words. One is never old enough to learn some discipline. 

"So, what happened? Did something happen to her? Marco was with her. Hopefully he protected her and didn't let harm come near her." Nico rambled, nervously tapping his right foot on the ground.

"Yes. Marco did protect someone, but it was not our sister. And the man absolutely needed the protection because from the footage I saw, there was no way our sister had any intentions to stop." My lips threatened to stretch into a smile seeing her protect a kitten from a grown man like he could not even touch her hair. Truly, he could not. Vanessa didn't allow him the chance to.

"That doesn't make me feel any better." Nico grumbled, waiting for me to elaborate.

"Our sister assaulted a man." That was what I was allowing myself to reveal. If they want to know what happened, they can question the culprit.

"I have work to do. If any of you need me, you know where to find me." With that being said, I left my brothers who protested at my actions and yelling "You can't do that to us."

Unlucky for them I could, and I did.

My office was on this floor but a little far from here, but instead of following the hallway taking me to my office, my feet took me somewhere else.

As I approached the door on the first floor, I stopped. I raised my hand to knock on the closed door when I heard her voice talking to someone. Dropping my hands by my side, I pulled my feet back and walked away with her words she said to the other person ringing in my head.

"They are not my family and not the people I can trust. Not when they look at me like they want to choke the life out of my lungs."

______________________________________

A/N:- Heyo lovelies!

How is the chapter?

I hope you like it!

Anything you wanna say?

Your thoughts?

What would you like to see in the upcoming chapters?

Take care 💕 byee!!

Lots of love,
Ms_CornSalad❤
(Insta~ ms_cornsalad.)

)