Chapter~ 24

Like
.
.
.

Comment
.
.
.

Enjoy <33
.
.
.

Unknown's POV:

She is back.

It is unbelievable, truly. But somehow, she escaped death and is on the very land that almost took away her soul. No, let me correct myself, the country did take away her soul, but the machine in her chest continued to pump the blood and is forcing her to live, without a soul.

She has grown up from the earlier bones and stick version of her. For a moment, I refused to believe that it was really her, the caged little kid. But then at the club, she followed someone and I in turn followed her.

Then I saw them together, confirming that it was really the same little girl. The man or more like her shadow who helped her escape. Even then, I couldn't see his face as it was hidden behind that creepy red mask of his as usual. The same masked man who was caught on the camera footage where he was giving back her freedom which was curtailed.

Her shadow had passed a small envelope to her, which she kept in her pocket. Giving a small pat on her back, his presence departed.

But that was the least shocking part. The highlight was what came next.

I followed her as she made her way to the people I least expected. To the bloody mafiosos. The Rossi brothers and Marco and another guy who is always clinging to the fourth Rossi. How did she know them? That was the question I asked myself.

Then came the big bad Mafia boss, Dante Rossi, looking fucking frantic and on the edge of craziness. He ran towards her, checking her for injuries or anything. What was even weird was him calling number 14 sister.

The scene was appalling. However, this new information made me ecstatic. The need to know more about my favorite number and her relationship with the Rossi made me feel like a starved dog ready to disrupt the world to somehow get a bone. No kidding.

So that is what I did. Now, everything I want to know is scattered in front of me. My private investigator did a fabulous job.

I forward my hand to reach the scattered files on the table, picking the one that will satisfy my hunger of knowledge.

Vanessa, that is fourteen's name. Much to my dismay, her surname left a fucking bitter taste in my mouth. Denaro Rossi. She is one of them. The lost princess of the Rossi empire. Daughter of a fucking deranged psychopath who would give devil the run for his money aka Alessandro-The Psycho-Denaro Rossi.

I thought fourteen was perfect, but she has a flaw after all and that's her bloodline. Anyone who has the blood of Rossi running through their veins is a fucking lunatic to put it mildly, but that explains even at her worst, why she had that glint in her eyes.

Now that I have this precious information, I wonder why her family is not aware about her past. I know that they don't know shit is because there have been few diplomatic attempts between the two mafia families, if the Rossi family had any clue, they would be waging a war against the eastern Cosa Nostra, the Giordano family and trying to turn the latter's empire into a graveyard.

If they are not doing that, it means my fourteen is keeping them clueless. I always wondered if she likes to play games, but now I am hundred percent sure she likes to orchestrate them more. Wouldn't expect anything less from her.

I ponder where my existence fits on her chessboard. She is poisoned with the desire of ruin, of vengeance and chaos, most importantly, she wants back something that belongs to her, something that are under my vicinity. The pieces she is ready to turn the world upside down for.

My muse will be devastated when she finds out that those pieces no longer belong to her. After all, they are the key to hold a leverage over not just her, but many other people. People who have so much power that they disgustingly will do anything to keep it. Hence, they will have no choice but to dance to my tune, even her.

I might not be the villain in her story, but I am no better. If she is plotting something, that includes my damnation as well and I would rather die than be a fucking collateral damage of some traumatized beauty on her way to let loose.

Vanessa's POV:

"So, you met shadow in your brother's club? Right under his nose? Fucking fabulous." Emma grins, relishing the thought of adrenaline of the said actions.

"Umm-hmm." I hummed.

It took both my friends only a moment to reach canteen and hang with me. It is awesome to have my presence nearby. Not my words, Damien's.

"I don't think that's it. You have this weird spark in your eyes that screams something else happened." Damien scrutinizes me, trying to decipher what I am not saying.

"There was someone else at the club." I slowly let out, taking my time in filling their curiosity bucket which is always empty.

"Who?" Both of them whispered out, the smell of their interest seeping out of them.

"The Russian scoundrel." I vomited the words like a poison.

"That fucking cunt." Damien cursed out.

"Did he see you?" Emma asked, her expressions callous as if she was calculating various ways to kill someone.

"I made sure he did. He even followed me when I met with shadow. The fucker thought he was being discreet." I elaborated.

"That fucker will think he have an upper hand." Damien grins, realizing how I played him.

"It will be too late for him to realize that I cut his hand long before for him to have an upper hand."

Emma whistled as I stopped speaking.

"Also, it might come out as a surprise but let me tell you, Matthew is an assistant professor here." Damien dragged out.

"She knows." Emma butted in.

"That she can answer herself Emma." Damien rolled his eyes.

Emma grinned and said, "But then how will I call myself her advocate?"

"You are not even studying fucking law Emma." Damien exclaimed, shaking his head.

"You bet I am not, otherwise the first thing I would have done was sue you for saying ice-cream is better than cake." She huffed, glaring daggers at Damien.

As we all know, Damien can't help but provoke Emma and thus says " You bet. Ice-cream is superior to literally any cake."

"Damien Stryker, I am disowning your sorry ass this absolute moment in front of Vanessa who will act as an eyewitness."

Both of them continued to bicker with each other, if they could, they wouldn't hesitate to kill each other.

While I was amused by their childish play, I felt something. A gaze. It was too intense, too engrossed.

It was invading. My sixth sense told me who it was. And as I turned my head, my eyes met his. As usual, my sixth sense was correct and the culprit was none other than him.

Lucas Miller.

_______________________________________

A/N:- Did you like the chapter?

Hopefully, you did!

How did you like the introduction of 2 new characters (Unknown and the Shadow)??

What do you think about this unknown??

Your opinions? Any thoughts or feedback?

Any theories?

Take care ❤️

Bye!

Love,
Ms_CornSalad❤️