Chapter~5

Like
.
.
.
Comment
.
.
.
Enjoy
.
.
.
Dante's POV:

"What the hell is wrong with her?" Angelo scoffed, as we all see her disappearing upstairs with Angelo and Nicolo on her both sides.

"She is so fucking rude." Lorenzo continued, agreeing with Angelo.

"Oh, shut up. She lost her family and has been traveling for hours. Of course, she will be cranky." Vincenzo snapped at them, before making his way to the kitchen.

"She is surprisingly...not what I expected." I said, entering the kitchen to know more about her from Vince.

"Absolutely. When I say she doesn't talk, I mean it. She said one thing to me and that was 'shut up'." Vince shook his head, while opening the fridge and taking out an apple.

"What do you expect from a spoiled brat." Angelo interfered, earning a hard look from both Vince and me. He shut his mouth and looked away.

"Angelo, she is your sister. Behave like a brother, will you?" My voice held a threat lingering in it, implying to him that his etiquettes are not at all impressive.

He nodded his head in response.

"Words, Angelo."

"I understand." He responded. Good.

"Did they tell you anything about her?" I asked Vince, taking a seat on the chair.

"They were very brief about it, like they would rather die than speak about her." He replied, making me furrow my brows.

"They said something about some traumatic event she experienced. But other than that, they said nothing." I droned in response.

"We failed her." Vince said, out of nowhere. 

"If we were not able to find her, we should have tried harder instead of giving up. We believed she was dead because we needed a reason to stop with the search. Whatever it is, it is our fault." He was getting emotional.

Vince had taken up the role of mother hen after Amelia ran and hid away. He has been taking care of us since. However, just like a true mother, his mind comes up with the worst-case scenarios when something happens.

And he always blames himself. 

"Think positive brother. We finally have our sorella back, although a bit rude but still our sorella." Lorenzo piped in, trying to calm Vince.

"I am going to my office. Call me when it's dinner time." I said before ending the dead conversation. 

As I made my way to my office, I thought how good it is to finally have our sister back. But something about her was deeply unsettling. The way she stared into my soul, not even intimidated by me like she has seen or deal with worse.

The idea of something worse scared me. The haunted and dead eyes of her terrified me. There was not an inch of pain, care or dread. They were the eyes of someone who had seen the bad side of life, the worst side known to mankind.

With every question that was arising, I became more and more curious to discover everything she was hiding behind that mask of hers. I want to tell her that she no longer needs to be alone, even though she just met us, we are still her family and will be always there to help her fight her battles.

Even if she does not need us, we will be there.

^~*~^

Vanessa's POV: