Chapter 23

My neck explodes in pain as Kor grabs me. I resist screaming, so Greece won't stop, but she does, turning to me with that deer-in-headlights stare.

"Go!" I yell and push the blaster on Kor's thigh and shoot.

He doesn't ease up at all. Rather, he chuckles and presses me on the ground from my neck. I grunt in pain as my jaw crushes against the floor. Kor digs his hand on my hip and turns me around to face him.

"I've missed you, bunny," he rumbles and chokes his hand around my neck. His pink eyes twinkle mischievously as he licks his lips.

I press the nozzle of the blaster on him and shoot. It doesn't matter where it lands—it won't kill him. I just hope it's some kind of tranquilliser to give me a chance to run.

Kor scowls and smacks the gun off my hands. I whimper at the pain that it causes. My fingers feel numb.

"That silly thing won't work on me," Kor says with that awful voice of his. "My bunny made a big mistake trying to poke around." He strokes his fingers on my cheek. I try to turn away from his touch, but his hold on my neck renders me immobile.

"Oh, you're just as gorgeous as the day you escaped," he mumbles, sliding his finger on my lips. "How I missed this pretty face. Nobody has come even close to this."

I cough, unable to breathe. Hot tears pour out of my eyes, and he swipes them away gently. My body quakes at the disgusting touch. I weakly grab the hand that chokes me and try to pry it away, but he doesn't let up.

Am I going to die by his hands?

"I found out you have a child. My child. Oh, how happy we're going to be, a nice cozy family," he says, his lips turning into a wicked smile, but then it drops as suddenly as it rose. "But you know that I have to punish you first."

I press my nails on his arm. He knows about Dante? Panic rises for his safety. I can't let him get to him. I struggle for air, nailing his hand with all I can, but that excites him more.

His smile appears again, and he leans down on my neck to inhale deeply. "Ah… still such a sweet scent on you." He licks my ear, and I cringe, trying to smash his face away. "I heard you were walking around with a Zohra slave," he rumbles. "Couldn't forget the big old me and had to get one? I'm flattered, bunny. You could've just come to me, and I would've taken you back."

I spit on him weakly. My head and lungs feel like they're going to burst from the lack of oxygen. Tears burn out of my eyes continuously as I try to gasp for air. I try to kick him, but he sits on top of me, rendering my struggle useless. I want to scream and poke his eyes out, but I'm so helpless.

Kor growls and suddenly lunges down, biting hard on my shoulder. "You little thing thought you could run? Nothing is forever, bunny," he mumbles with my flesh in his mouth.

"Stop!" I manage to croak, and I try to claw his face away from me, to rip his hair, but he doesn't budge. Rather, he bites me again.

Now, knowing what he's doing, it disgusts me so much more. I used to think this was just to hurt me, but now I know it's to mark me. I try to scream, but only a pathetic  choking cough comes out.

"My lovely bunny is shivering again, just like old times," He rumbles, sliding his hand on my body, finding my hip. "Oh, and you came with a present. No underwear, just how I like it. Easily accessible. You keep surprising me."

I whimper in dismay, trying to get his hand off my neck, but I'm losing my strength rapidly with my lack of air.

Suddenly, he eases his hold, and I gasp a long, rasping breath. He shakes his head and bats his eyes, looking disoriented. "What the… what did you shoot me with?"