Chapter 43

Jas and Greece stay quiet for most of the time I explain myself. Greece can't help but add some things I've already told her and leave out. I'm not trying to hide it, it just seems very unimportant.

Jas doesn't seem too pleased with how much I've kept from her, but she keeps quiet as I explain. It does lift a massive weight off my chest, letting it all out. Only when I get to recent happenings, Greece butts in more, spilling everything I told her to keep her mouth shut about.

I'm embarrassed, but I owe the truth to Jas. I just hoped I could've kept some shit between me and Greece only. Teaches me to not talk to her about my private matters.

“Well I learned something new about my hubby too,” Jas says, picking the paper she cleaned her face with hours ago. She clicks her tongue and smacks my face with the ball of paper. “What the fuck did you expect us to do if you told the truth? Don't you trust us? I guess I get not speaking to Rita or Reyes, but me or Greece? You're a bit of a bitch.”

“I'm sorry,” I sigh out, balling the paper into my fist. “I was afraid. I don't know what about, obviously, but… I just couldn't get it out after so long of keeping it a secret.”

“Good riddance,” Jas says, rolling her eyes. “Most people have something fucked happened after the aliens decided to fuck us over. I get where you're coming from, but it's hurtful you thought you couldn't trust us. It's not like anything changes now. Except you fucking with the sasquatch, but that's between him and your vag.”

“Jesus Christ… I knew you were going to make this crass.”

“Crass?” Jas scoffs. “There's nothing more natural than sex.”

“I'm not a fan of talking about that.”

“You never had a problem before,” she says with a chuckle and a wag of her brows. “I know how good it is.”

“That's different. I don't want to talk about my…love life.” I fidget with the ball of paper. “It's a serious relationship. I believe that's between me and him.”

Greece scoffs. “Right, didn't even tell me the cock size. But did I mention about the humping?”

I glare at Greece and snap my fingers. “That was a weak moment. Shut up.”

“Humping?” Jas repeats with a grin. “Who humped who?”

“Stop.”

“She did,” Greece ignores me and cackles. “There was the thing with the bite shit and—”

“For the love of God, stop!” I'm already hot from the fever and shame, but now she's adding fuel to the fire with embarrassment. “For once can we stop talking about cocks and sex?”

Jas snorts and pats Greece's shoulder. “We can hold off for now, right?”

“Spoilsport,” Greece mutters.

“Thank you…” I mumble and rub my scalding forehead. “I know I was wrong for hiding shit and I'm really sorry, but I really did what I thought was best at the time.”

Jas sighs and flails her hand. “Whatever, dude. I'm glad you got something interesting from this whole experience of yours.” She leans closer to me and stabs her finger on her own neck, where there is a faint bite mark. “I thought this shit was a sudden kink my Bambi discovered, but now I know that little fawn was claiming my ass. It's cute as shit.”

I smile awkwardly as she stuffs her neck at me. “Yeah…I wasn't sure if you knew about it. Or if they even tell anyone about it. But I think Harwal mentioned he's unsure if the Shurak knows about marking.”