𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣. the boy who ate a crusty old finger

"What?" Y/N abruptly sat up from lying down on the ground.

She was just casually chilling alone while watching the stars above her when Ijichi rushed towards her and informed her about Gojo and Megumi's mission.

"Sorry Y/N-san, he told me to fetch you and assist Megumi-kun because he needs to do something"

So Y/N immediately rushed.

'Gojo what the heck did you make Megumi do?' She cursed under her breath.

She met the boy in the school's clinic, he was already taken care of Shoko and was just resting in the bed.

"Megumi!" She rushed towards him. The boy turned his head to look at who came.

"Y/N sensei" he muttered.

"What happened? You're all beaten up, where's Gojo?" She asked as she inspected his physical appearance. She sighed in relief as his scratches are all healed.

"Sensei, you know about that special grade cursed object right?" He asked and Y/N nodded in response.

"Yes, we're all working to retrieve those, the finger of the "king" of curses Ryomen Sukuna" she replied.

"What exactly happened? Why are you beaten up?"

"Well" he paused. "A non-sorcerer idiot ate one and incarnated Sukuna" he replied.

Y/N blinked twice. "Ha?"

"Apparently he can supress Sukuna in his body"

"Ate? He ate the cursed finger?"

"Yes sensei" he replied.

"Really?"

"Really"

Y/N stared at the boy before everything sinked in.

"What the f-" she stopped as she realized she's talking to Megumi.

"That's...what?!" She couldn't believe what she's hearing.

"You mean...he...the curse...incarnated..." Y/N dreaded her imagination.

Megumi sighed. He, too, couldn't believe what just happened.

"He did it to save me" he added. Y/N looked at him.

"In order for me not to get eaten by a curse"

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows. "Isn't this mission supposed to be Gojo's?"

"You know him" Megumi said which made her shake her head in disappointment.

"Great" she replied sarcastically. "I bet he's facing the higher-ups now"

Megumi never met those higher-ups so he doesn't know what it's like to meet them, Y/N only said that they're annoying, and Gojo seemed to hate them too. He only nodded in response.

Y/N found herself ruffling the boy's hair. "I'm glad you're safe, Megumi" she said.

Megumi only gave a curt nod. Y/N has always been there for him and his sister since they were little, if there's one thing he's gonna say thanks to his Gojo sensei, is that he introduced Y/N to him.

"You need to rest more, it's almost midnight" she added. "Go to sleep, I'll handle Gojo soon"

With that, Megumi lied down on the bed again and closed his eyes. It was a rough day for him, and he could only wish that his sensei would bring him at least a decent news-if not a good one, about that pink-haired boy.

━━━━━━━━━━━

Y/N walked towards the school building with a very slow pace. When Megumi fell asleep last night, she had stayed for a while to keep the boy company, until it was 3am when she decided rest in her room as well.