Ch. 1: Welcome to the New World

Grayson-Lilim Reincarnation Activated

⌜Error: Conditions Not Met⌟

...

⌜Notice: Administrator Access Invoked

Administrator Override: Authorization Granted⌟

...

...

Grayson-Lilim Reincarnation Activated

All Conditions Met⌟

Welcome to the New World.

~~~

Bright lights overloaded my vision as I jolted awake.

I reflexively closed my eyes to combat the brightness and even turned my face away. Did I forget to close the windows before I went to bed? What time is it? With the amount of light, it couldn't have been earlier than 6am. Have I overslept?

Slowly, I opened my eyes again, making sure they adjust perfectly this time. But as I register what my eyes were looking at, I can't help but be dumbfounded. This place... isn't my home.

It's a large room, as large as my own room at home, but the furniture, decor, and even the wallpaper is different. An obviously baroque style. I don't know any place like this. Where am I? Why am I here? I couldn't have been in a Paladin base, right? Sure, those people call themselves Paladins and have somewhat outdated aspects to them, but even they don't customize any of their bases like this.

I fought the urge to pinch the bridge of my nose in annoyance. Just what the hell? How did I end up in this situation? How did I get here anyways?

I... I can't remember. Why can't I remember?

I'll deal with that later. For now, I need to figure out where exactly 'here' is.

I tried to get up so I can look outside, but my body felt so heavy. Why does my body feel so heavy? Why do I feel so disconnected to it? No, I need to focus. So many questions at once, but the most important thing right now is to figure out where I am.

Slowly but efficiently, I tried reconnecting with every limb on my body, relearning the approximate location of each and its mobility. It's akin to babies trying to learn how to crawl for the first time. Taking one movement at a time, and without too much fuss, I was able to sit myself up on the bed.

Honestly, the bed wasn't that bad. It's soft enough to keep you comfortable, but firm enough that you don't just sink onto it and have difficulty moving, but I digress.

Now that I'm sitting up, though, something else felt even wrong. It wasn't a big thing, it was just one of those minute things that you barely even notice most of the time until that small thing has been tampered with.

I went back and forth between straightening my back and slouching, but even after doing both, multiple times, it still felt off. The distance between my eye level and my legs... they seem a bit shorter? The distance to my toes too.

This is barely something to be bothered about, and it's a very minuscule difference, but it's definitely there.

I thought to raise my hand to massage my temples while I close my eyes and recalibrate them, almost forgetting about the disconnected problem, but that didn't seem to be enough of an issue since my hand followed command. But I took pause as my hand appeared in front of my eyes.