Ch. 9: History Lesson

AAALLLLLLFFFFFFRRREEEEEDDDDDDD!!! T-THAT SNEAKY OLD MAN!!! H-HE– HEEEEEEEEEEE–!!!

"Master Fontaine has informed us that you wished to bathe yourself, Master Julius. We will not be interfering, though we were still instructed to remain in the room to oversee your bath," one of the servants promptly informed me as I felt my cheeks reach high temperatures! ALFRED! THERE'RE STILL SERVANTS IN THE BATHROOM! H-HOW DIFFERENT WAS THIS FROM HAVING THEM BATHE ME?!

"Uh... can't you let me take a bath by myself?" I asked the servant with the most serious tone I could muster at this moment, though I don't know how anyone could take a tomato seriously.

"Y-young master, we can't do that. These were orders from Master Fontaine. We must still be present while you're taking your bath." The servant nervously refuted my request. ALFRED, WHY?!!

"C-can't you at least stay outside the room?" I asked him again, this time I can feel heat coming from my eyes too. Please let me retain my dignity!

"We still can't do that, young master. Master Fontaine instructed us to make sure you will be washing yourself properly. We have to be in the room with you, young master." WHY– YOU! FUCK! YOU! FUCKING PERVERTS!

No. No, no. Don't get angry at them, they're only following orders. But I can't find it in myself to be angry at Alfred! So fuck it! FUCK ME, THIS IS ALL MY FAULT! I SHOULD'VE BEEN MORE SPECIFIC TO ALFRED! I SHOULD'VE JUST TOLD HIM I WANTED TO TAKE A BATH BY MYSELF WITH NO ONE WATCHING! I WANT TO GET CLEAN WITH PEACE OF MIND! WHY WASN'T I JUST DIRECT WITH ALFRED?!

"I-i-i-i-is-is that s-s-s-so?" I stuttered in defeat. Why?! WHY?!

"O-o-o-o-o-o-o-okay... I-I-I-I'll b-b-b-be– I-I-I'll t-t-t-t-t-take a-a-a b-b-b-bath n-n-now." I announced as I made my way towards the giant bathtub in the room. I finally removed the bathrobe that has been covering my body until now and placed it just by the tub's edge.

"Oh, and we had also adjusted the water's temperature at our discretion. We noticed that young master kept getting too flushed in your previous baths, so we made sure to lower the temperature this time." The servant also let me know, as if it was something I had to know!

"T-t-t-t-t-t-t-thank-thanks..." I don't see how that'll make it any different, WHEN IT WASN'T THE WATER THAT HAS BEEN MAKING ME SO FLUSH! IN FACT! THIS WILL MAKE IT WORSE! THEY'LL BE WATCHING ME BATHE INSTEAD!

I think my brain went on autopilot during the whole time I was washing myself. It felt like I was buried deep in myself, and everything I did was a blur as I kept repeating "poker face... poker face..." in a sing-song tune during the whole of it. At one point, I think I said something along the lines of, "I give up, please wash me," and the servants took it from there because once I finally snapped out of my trance, we were back to square one and they were washing me again.

All I could do was sit still and look down while covering my genitals, my go-to pose while bathing in the past two days. So much for my family's iron will. So embarrassing...

A-anyway, once I was done getting bathed and dressed, I was wheeled over to the estate's East entrance where I met up with Alfred. I still had to use my wheelchair since I never told anyone that I've regained my strength. I didn't really know how I could have explained that their goddess– who I had adopted as my little sister in a previous life– just showed up and healed me, without causing huge panic and confusion among the temple, the royal family, and the Velisaria family, so I just shut my mouth.

Hm, now that I think about it, why didn't my sister just give me back Julius' memories? They should have still been around in my noggin or in the system, right? Could there have been restrictions on which memories she could bring back or how much she could change in the system? Could someone else have messed with the system? But who?