Ch. 3: Pretty...

It's been about two days since I woke up in this appearance with no idea how I ended up here. And since then, I've been closely monitored by the servants assigned to me, and I've been regularly checked up on by both Alfred and Mr. Paillart. As promised too, Mr. Paillart had me put on a simple regimen so I can get used to moving my body again, mostly some walking and stretching, nothing too extreme.

But seeing as I'm still in this household and neither killed nor in a dungeon being interrogated, it must mean that they haven't figured out that I'm not actually Julius, right? So what was with Mr. Paillart's interrogation bit two days ago? Well, it's so fucking stupid.

Mr. Paillart had guessed that I-- or Julius rather, is suffering from amnesia after his disappearance, and all those questions were to make sure his guess was right. Asking for my full name, date of birth, the identity of a close family member or confidant, yada yada, those questions. Well, unfortunately, he got too carried by the motions, and decided to start hazing me instead, that prick. He made it sound like he cared and that's why he did it, but I know the type of person you truly are! You are a Grade-A DICK!

Calm down. Calm down. He's not here, so I can relax. I'll save all the abuse for when he's actually in front of me.

Though I'm thoroughly impressed that he took my answers of bullshit as answers of deflection, even more so that I unintentionally fooled them. Apparently, I sounded just like a deflecting and arrogant teenager that even Alfred was convinced. I guess I make a pretty convincing Julius.

Oh, but then what clued Mr. Paillart in that 'Julius' may have dissociative amnesia caused by traumatic events? Well, I called him Lord Paillart instead of--and this is a long list here--Assfart, Pilefart, Pully-Butt, Buttfart, Pilebutt, Fartass, Fartpile, Fartpull, and other possible combinations of fart, butt, ass, pile, and pull.

According to Alfred when he explained after I had a dumb look on my face when they told me about it, Julius had never even once called Mr. Paillart by his actual name. It started when Julius first met Mr. Paillart as a child and wasn't able to pronounce his name properly. At first, it had been an endearing inside joke, however, as Julius grew, and the animosity between the two also built up, it became Julius' go-to insult and show of lacking respect for the man.

It's so stupid, I know. I was exposed because of a child's little game, and his insults aren't even that funny nor clever! They are an insult to insults! Julius, you need to be better than this!

I ended up letting out a sigh to calm myself down, and the current attending servant immediately noticed and took a step closer to me.

"Is something the matter, Master Julius? Do you need a blanket? Water? Do you want to come back inside?" The servant tried guessing what the matter was. Every single one that had been assigned to attend to me have been incredibly accommodating and quick to act if I even remotely seemed to demand anything.

"No, I'm fine. Thank you." I told him with the full intent of brushing him away. Let me drown in my thoughts while enjoying this beautiful view of the chateau's Eastern garden from the terrace on the fourth floor, and delighting in the refreshing cool breeze in the transition between summer and fall. As an added bonus, the sun hasn't been too bad either.

Pardon? A chateau? Why yes, I do mean the large estates that often housed nobility and aristocrats of great distinction. My own family had also lived in an estate of our own for generations, although it was nowhere near as big as this one, and we also had a bit of land. But compared to the acres and acres that Julius' family estate presented before me, we just paled in comparison.

However, as much as I do enjoy this view and how nice I have been treated, I do not belong here. I've supposedly taken Julius' place and right now, that Julius is--still--missing. I have to figure out how to get away from here and get myself back to normal so Alfred and Mr. Paillart can find the real Julius.