Chapter 27: Wang Fei

What did Gu Cheng Yao just say, Yan Wang wants to marry Lin Wei Xi as his wangfei?

There was a buzz in Gao Ran's head, and it took a long time to recover. At this time, Gu Cheng Yao was also upset, and did not notice Gao Ran's strangeness.

The lantern made a popping sound, Gao Ran's spirit finally awakened, she suddenly realized the meaning behind this incident. She just agreed to the marriage between Lin Wei Xi and the second son of Qian. Although it was only a verbal promise, Gao Ran was confident when she agreed to Madam Qian and didn't think it would be a problem. Although the parent's order the matchmaker's words, but in this world there were so many marriage by Emperor's decree and Empress Dowager's decree, and not all of those people were relatives of the Emperor. As long as the power was large enough, social class could override all rules.

So when Madam Qian brought up Lin Wei Xi's marriage, Gao Ran got into her head and agreed without much rejection. Both the Qian family and Gao Ran were very happy. As for the opinion of the person involved, was it necessary to ask?

Of course Gao Ran knew that Lin Wei Xi would not be happy, and she even guessed that Lin Wei Xi would probably go to Yan Wang to talk. However, the gecko abandoned his tail and broken his arms to seek survival. Compared to Yan Wang's temporary dissatisfaction, Lin Wei Xi's continued stay in Yan Wang Mansion was more harmful, so she straightforwardly abandoned her temporary gains in exchange for long-term peace of mind in the future.

However, Gao Ran didn't expect that Lin Wei Xi went to the Yan Wang to file a complaint and actually came up with such a result.

Lin Wei Xi actually wants to marry into Yan Wang Mansion? What was even more incredible was that the person involved was not Gu Cheng Yao, but Yan Wang?

Gao Ran was too shocked to speak. If it's just shock it was nothing, the trouble was that Lin Wei Xi would be a generation higher than her in name. If Lin Wei Xi remembers their feud and deliberately finds fault in the future, Gao Ran would be in serious trouble.

For now the promise with the Qian family's wife was no longer important, and Gao Ran was more concerned about Yan Wang's matters. Gao Ran was too impatient to notice that her voice was no longer the gentle and watery style of the past, almost impatient: "Why father want to accept Lin Wei Xi as the consort? Is it as the consort or small concubine?"

Although Gu Cheng Yao was thought about this in his heart, but he couldn't help but lower his head and glance at Gao Ran when he heard this. In the past Gao Ran was always righteousness, gentle and graceful, how could she said such vulgar and disrespectful words? Gu Cheng Yao didn't know why Gao Ran had such a speculation. This was not only an insult to Lin Wei Xi, but also an insult to Yan Wang.

Gu Cheng Yao was unhappy in his heart, but still suppressed his mood, and answered his wife's question in a good voice: "Naturally as the consort. As Yan Wangfei."

Gao Ran's last thread of hope was shattered. She was so angry that she want to vomit, she obviously already finished. Why did Lin Wei Xi cause so much mess again. This troublemaker!

Gao Ran frowned and contemplated, after a while she suddenly realized that Gu Cheng Yao was looking at her. Gao Ran became alert in her heart, and quickly eased her face, and squeezed out a smile: "Shizi, I just heard about this and I was so surprised. By the way, what did Shizi and Wangye talking about, why suddenly brings up this matters?"

After Gao Ran explained her gloomy expression in the first half of the sentence, she immediately changed the subject after the vagueness passed.

Speaking of this, Gu Cheng Yao was not too happy, and did not mention Gao Ran's blunder: "Father said that Lin Wei Xi would be moved to Princess Shou Kang Mansion. I was puzzled for a while. After asking a few more questions, father said he would marry her as his consort. "