Chapter 68: Taking a Concubine

Yun Hui was frightened by Gu Cheng Yao's gaze. Her hand holding the tea gradually began to tremble. Just when she was about to kneel down to plead for crime, Gu Cheng Yao suddenly took the tea cup from her hand. Instead of drinking, he held the teacup in his hand and slowly turned around: "Yun Hui, how many years have you been with me?"

Yun Hui didn't know what Gu Cheng Yao want by asking this, she had to answer carefully: "This slave came to serve Shizi at the age of nine, and it has been eleven years now."

"Eleven years." Gu Cheng Yao slowly repeated the number, with no emotion in his tone, "In other words, you are already twenty this year."

Yun Hui carefully agreed, feeling nervous, why Shizi suddenly asked this? Could it be that he didn't like that she was too old and want to send her out?

Gu Cheng Yao had to think carefully about what happened at that time. He was only seven years old when Yun Hui was assigned to him. At that time, his mother, Shen shi, was still alive. Because his grandmother died of illness at the beginning of the year, and Shen shi was not good at management, Yan Wang Mansion's servants were in chaos. Shen shi didn't have time to look after Gu Cheng Yao all the time, so she could only allocated him a few maids. At that time it was only an expedient measure, because Shen shi didn't feel reassured about anyone approaching her son. But this kind of serving already happened for eleven years.

Shen shi passed away the next year. The mistress position of Yan Wang Mansion was completely empty. His grandmother and Shen shi died one after another, Yan Wang was out all year round, and Gu Cheng Yao grew up under the care of Yun Hui and the others. For him, Yun Hui and Bu Mama were not just servants, to a large extent, they also carried familial trust.

Therefore, Gu Cheng Yao did not have a great affection between men and women for Yun Hui. In his heart, this was totally different. But Yun Hui stayed by his side from nine to twenty years old. A woman's most beautiful years were almost all left to him, and because Yun Hui was a close maid, in a large household, this kind of maid tacitly agreed as tong fang . Even father seems to have acquiesced on this matter now.

Gu Cheng Yao thought for a while, and finally decided to give it a try. He was certain because there was no one around him, so he couldn't forget Lin Wei Xi. As long as a new woman appeared next to him, this kind of thought would never happen again.

Gu Cheng Yao put down the tea cup, turned his gaze back to the book in front of him, and didn't look at Yun Hui: "Do you have relatives outside?"

Why Shizi suddenly ask about her relatives outside... Yun Hui thought one of the possibilities, and her heart jumped: "There is no one. This slave's parents had left long ago, and the elder sister-in-law sold this slave when this slave was six years old, haven't seen it since then."

Gu Cheng Yao did not speak, but Yun Hui bit her lip and knelt on the ground with a thump, her upper body pressed tightly on the ground: "Please Shizi take pity, this slave is willing to stay by Shizi's side for the rest of her life and serving you forever."

Gu Cheng Yao found that saying this sentence was a little more difficult than he thought. He suddenly thought of Gao Xi. Gao Xi was very uncomfortable with Yun Hui when she was alive. If she knew about this, she would definitely be angry.

But Gao Xi wouldn't know anymore, even if she knew, she was no longer his wife.

Gu Cheng Yao wondered why the first thing he thought at such time was the dead person who had passed away, instead of his current wife Gao Ran. However, taking a concubine was a matter of course, and Gao Ran was gentler and more rational than Gao Xi, so she would understand.