Chapter 5

Overusing my abilities and transferring my inheritance has severely damaged my Cultivation.  But i don't have time to spare, I have to go find a child to be a stand in. I went back to the upper realm, and met a 4 year old weak, pale looking boy. He was so starved that he's almost skin and bones. He was just one of the many orphans that got implicated by the Alliance quest for power, they have destroyed many clans leaving several kids like this behind.

  I told him that if he'll come with me, he will have to die, he just smiled at me.

     We traveled and hid together,  I call him Baobao and he calls me mother. Baobao soon became a white, fat and cute child, and he became my treasure.  We traveled like this for years pretending to be mother and son.

     I have come to love this child, and the thought of him dying terrifies me. I almost want to give up my mission, just hide forever and keep him alive. I kept delaying the inevitable. 

     The scene once again changed, we met a dirty looking young man.

   " Gu Zheng? "

   I was shocked, it's him Gu Zheng, my neighbor and only friend.

    "Gu Zheng!! Gu Zheng!!" I kept calling for him but no matter how much I call his name, the scenes continues to play. I'm just a floating consciousness. It can't affect the things that has already happened.  This is just a memory.

    Gu Zheng was a rising star in their clan but after he defeated the Patriarch son in a duel he was framed and his Cultivation was destroyed.  Now he just wanders around with no goal in mind, not even revenge.  I saw myself giving him a bun and he started following us.

    My tears fell, thats how it is, this is when I gave him the bun. He remembers the past life.

    The scene continues to play, they've traveled together, and worked hard together. Gu Zheng naturally became Baobao's father, and they lived and hid together as family. Gu Zheng forcibly fixed his broken core, it was so unstable  that one wrong move and it will explode. The process was very painful, but to assure us, he said it was okay and it was to protect the family.

    We've been together for many years, Baobao turned 9 years old. My son, he is so big now. My feelings for them are different, to me they are my family, my son, my husband.  When I was with the 2 masters and little master, although they treat me well and I treat them with respect and I serve them wholeheartedly, I was the servant and the nanny. I was an outsider to their family of 3. But Baobao and Gu Zheng are my family, our hearts are connected, even with no blood ties we feel the closest.

    Knowing that Baobao will die, torments me more and more. He's known it for a long time, and said he's accepted it, my heart breaks even more.   I am a horrible person, why do i have to implicate an innocent child. They said they both understand my mission and they're willing to help. We 3 hugged each other tightly,  as if giving each other strength for the incoming disaster.

       Sure enough, we were found by the Alliance not long after, Gu Zheng has told us to ran away while he's holding them off. We ran quickly,  and when I looked back I saw him smiling at me, and then he exploded.   

     "Aaaaaaah!!! Gu Zheng!!! Noooo!! Ah Zheng!  Ah Zheng!!"

    He died, he fixed his Cultivation for this moment, to be able to self destruct, kill all nearby enemies and buy us time to ran away. There was no flesh intact left, nothing to be burried, just like that he was gone. We ran without stopping while wiping the tears that is flowing nonstop.

    A sinner, a sinner, yes that's what I am, my family, my husband is gone, and now they're after Baobao. 2 lives, 2 lives, they aren't strangers,  My Baobao and Ah Zheng are my family. I am a bad person, a horrible person.

    A year later, just as Baobao reached 10 years old, we were caught by the Alliance. I can only cry and hug Baobao. 

     "In my next life, come to me and be my son, I will make up for my sin. I am sorry Baobao, I love you my son, I'll see you in the next life."

      "Mother, you are the only mother I've known, I would have died if you didn't take me in. I was happy being your son, to be able to help your mission gives me joy. I love you mother, I'll still be your son in the next life."

        Soon we were brought to the execution platform. For harboring and protecting the evil entity, the enemy of mandkind I've been sentence to death. And was cursed with 99 lives of bad luck and tribulations.

    "Baobao wait for me to finish my tribulations, don't come early and suffer with me"

   I was then executed.

   I wasn't able to hear Baobao sentence.  He was cursed to have his soul locked in the void realm. And was executed.