Chapter 21

Shen Yuying woke up at 6am , she'll go to her Uncle Han house in the evening for dinner. And also receive the money from selling 2 job quotas and their house.

Its still early in the morning, and there are still many things to do before going out.

First wash up and have breakfast. She planned to stay in the space most of the time on weekend to cook, so she needs to clean up everything in the house now.

Pick which items to take on the train, and pack them in advance. You can just put all the remaining items in space.

She took her luggage, she stacked 2 enamel basins with different styles, one for washing face and one for preparing food. She could buy a bigger wooden basin in the country for laundry and foot washing.

 She heard people using one for everything,  washing face, food and even washing foot, and do laundry. She can't do it. It's too disgusting.

She also take with her some  bowls, mug, chopsticks, personal hygiene items, books, some dried foods, her old quilt and clothes, cooking oil, some spices and condiments.

She also brought few candles, matches, oil lamp, kerosene in glass bottle, a few locks, thermos flask, and military kettle.

These things are enough to fit in a big luggage, and she'll take lunchbox in her other hand, and military kettle in her body.

She especially picked thick quilt from the space, aged the surface fabric to make it looked like its old and used. She'll take it out when she's in the countryside.

Checking all the items that she'll take, she realize she had made a mistake.  Looking at the tickets in her hands, she thought she had been naive and complacent.  

There are quite a number of national issued tickets, but most of the tickets she had are local. That means she couldn't use it when she's going to a new province.

This is a big problem, she'll leave soon, and she had this unused local tickets.

She stopped, took a deep breath and started thinking what to do. Then she got an idea, for that she will need her Uncle Han's help. Hopefully he will agree. It will also solve her other concern.

Time pass by quickly outside the space and it's already 5 in the afternoon.  She hurriedly wash up, put on clothes took the basket from space and placed 3 apples and 3 mandarins.

Fruits are not always available, but one can still buy it if it's on season in this city.  So it should be okay to take out some. Just a few pieces of fruits are acceptable, after all she was invited for dinner. It'll be bad to go empty handed. She left and quickly locked the door.

Uncle Han's house is not too far from where she lives. Han Guohua is a factory cadre so his housing is much better than the other ordinary workers. He has a small yard with few rooms, the house is enough for his whole family including grandchildren.

After walking a few minutes Shen Yuying reached her destination. At the yard, she saw children playing, they are Uncle Han's grandchildren.

Han Guohua and Song Lan has 2 sons, named Han Zhiming the eldest, and the second Han Deming, both are married.

The eldest is a worker in the machinery factory married to Lu Meiyu. After they gave birth to 2 children Han Xiaochuan 5 and Han Xiaoyu 3, Song Lan gave up her job quota to the eldest daughter in law and stayed home to raise the children.

The 2nd son is a soldier and stayed in the army all year round. He married Chen Jiaojiao a high school classmate. But because his rank is not high enough to divide a house in the army, his wife and son also stays with her parents.