Chapter 24

Shen Yuying woke up at 5 in the morning.  Today is the day she'll take a train to the countryside. 

The train will take off at 9 in the morning and she needs to be there by 8 to meet with everyone else.

She quickly got up, take the bedding to space, went outside to wash up, had breakfast, brush her teeth and put on her military uniform.

She braided her hair with twin braid style, and put on her military hat.

With military kettle and a small bag in her body,  she took her luggage and lunch box in each hand.

She left the keys on the table, closed the door and left the house she had lived for a few days since her transmigration.

It's already few minutes after 7 and she needs to be at the train station before 8 so she hasten her steps.

She met some neighbors on the way, but she doesn't have time to stop and talk. So she at most nodded at them and continued walking.

Few minutes before 8 in the morning she arrived at the train station. There are already alot of Educated Youth present. 

There are some that are excited and hopeful and there those who are quiet and look defeated. And there are some who are crying and refused to leave.

There are also alot of parents sending their children. Most of the mothers are crying while most fathers are standing still on the side.

When Shen Yuying arrived,  alot of people stopped to look at her. A young beautiful girl, wearing a military uniform which is fairly new. And most of all she's carrying a huge luggage with such a small body.

Some people look at her with awe, some look with interest, some look with admiration and some looks at her with jealousy.

Out of all the Educated Youth present,  Shen Yuying has the most outstanding appearance. Not only she is beautiful but she also has a good temperament.

She heard a few people whispering about her, some are good and some are bad. But she doesn't care about any of those gossip.  So she stood on the side alone without talking to anybody.

After a few minutes, City leaders and the director of Educated Youth came to give their speech.

They each went on the small stage one by one to give instructions,  farewell and blessing.

All the Educated Youth stood in front to listen. It took more than 30 minutes for the meeting to be finished.

Most of the people present are saying goodbye to their families while waiting for the train to arrive. When suddenly she heard someone calls her name.

"Xiaoying" She looked around only to find Aunt Song Lan and brother Han Zhiming walking towards her with a bag in hand.

"Auntie, big brother Zhiming you're here" Shen Yuying called out.

In her heart she feels happy that someone came to send her off. So she showed a big genuine smile.

Song Lan came over and said "Xiaoying, your uncle couldn't come but your big brother and I came to send you off."

Song Lan reached out to give her the bag Han Zhiming is carrying "here, we brought some foods for you and some things you may need in the countryside" she said.

Han Zhiming pat her head a few times and said "Make sure to send a letter when you arrive.  Inform us if you have any trouble in there and dont keep it in. If you get tired living in there, tell us and we'll find a way to get you back"

Looking at them like this, Shen Yuying's eyes turned red and said " Auntie, big brother Zhiming, I will make sure to write. Don't worry about me, I will take care of myself well.  Thank you for sending me off, and preparing these things for me. I will come back to visit when I can."