Chapter 26

Shen Yuying hurriedly walked out of the Commune, outside she found the others standing next to a donkey cart.

There are also other production brigades donkey cart on the side, and they are preparing to leave.

She heard there are 6 production brigades in Chaoyang Commune. But she only see 4 donkey carts. Other brigades may have left already.

When she arrived to where the others are, Gu Yao has such a dark face and noticeable scowl on her face.

Gu Yao came forward and pointed a finger at Shen Yuying and said "Where have you been? We've been waiting for you here. Its too hot in here, we are tired and hungry." She asked angrily one after another.

Shen Yuying knew she was wrong, so she readily asked for forgiveness.

"I'm sorry, I have delayed everyone" she bowed her head and apologized to everyone including the one who is driving the donkey cart.

They replied that it was no big deal and they didn't wait long.

The driver also came forward and said "It doesn't matter, she just arrived too" while pointing at Gu Yao.

Gu Yao's face turned red from being embarrassed. Her brothers just held her shoulders and told her not to make trouble while the Wang cousins are avoiding eye contact with her.

She looked at Shen Yuying and she was even more mad seeing her with raised eyebrows. So she flicked her sleeves and turned her back and climb the donkey cart.

Lu Jianguo, looked at the new Educated youth and shook his head, another troublemaker have come.

"Hurry up and climb up everyone, you can put your luggage in the middle and you sit surrounding it." Lu Jianguo instructed them.

He was already told that an Educated Youth was talking to a cadre inside the commune office. She seems to be a relative of a cadre in the Public Security Bureau.

His father the Captain of Lushan Village instructed him to treat her well since her uncle had promised to help their village buy new farming tools.

Farming tools is very important to them, and its not easy to buy even if you have tickets, you also need certain connections.

I heard the Public Security officer is a friend of a manufacturer in the provincial capital and he'll be able to bring farming tools for the village.

That's why he came to fetch the new Educated Youth, instead of sending just anybody. He waited outside, he thought it would take longer but she came out rather quickly.

He also thought she'll be stuck up like most city girls but she apologized quickly, so she seems to have a good attitude. In fact out of the 4 female Educated youths that arrived, only one seems to be difficult to get along.

He didn't understand what's the fuss all about when she herself just arrived and didn't wait like the others. She really treat herself like an eldest lady.

Lu Jianguo had a very bad impression with Gu Yao but seems to be satisfied with everyone else. Aside from her, none of the others are making trouble.

But the final impression will be when they start farming. They might be easygoing now, and then work lazily in the field when the time comes just like some of the Female Educated Youth in the village.

Looking at the Educated Youth had already climb up the donkey cart and are sitting in place he told everyone "hold tight and we are going now."

All of them were not used to the donkey cart so they found something to hold unto. Although the donkey cart smells it wasn't so bad and they are thankful that they don't have to walk to the village. They are already very tired.