22

Julián's POV

Turns out Julián did not have the day off, fully. After burning their breakfast Julián took Taylor out to a small cafe around the corner from his city flat. It was surprising quiet that morning and they managed to get a table by the corner window. A young girl took their order but lingered by the register looking at them, clearly regocising one of them (probably Taylor) but too scared to ask for a picture.

"Have you been here before?" Taylor starts the conversation.

"A few times but they were only takeaway, never sat done." Julián replied honestly. Conversation flowed effortlessly like the ocean for some time. Topics changed from their family to Taylor's music and even questioning if they would survive a zombie apocalypse, this question was asked by Taylor surprisingly.

Julián told Taylor about how is mother is a florist and runs a small flower shop and that's why he values the meaning behind plants so much and why he has so many tattoos of them, he only has two at the moment but who knows next week he could have 20. He also told Taylor that he built parts of his car telling her that his father was a mechanic and taught him how to work on cars so that if he was ever stranded on the side of a road he would be able to change a tyre.

Julián valued the lessons his parents taught him because it made him the man he is today. They gave him the work effort to get back up each morning and face the day no matter the outcome.

Taylor animated explained her elaborate plan to record and release her yet to be named album. He could see her passion and enthusiasm for her work so listened intently and asked questions which fuelled her excitement for it even more; she answered most of his questioned with a bright smile on her face but when he asked if he could listen to any demos again she said...

"No."

"Why not" Julián had tried multiple times to get Taylor to let his have a sneak peak but every time she always said not. He resembled a toddler being told no to Taylor and she just laughed at him.

"Because I only want you to her the final product before anyone else. Listening to my miscellaneous demos doesn't have the same impact". Taylor looked down at her finished plate while she said that, moving around the remains of her waffles because if she looked up she knew that she would be bright red but Julián knew she was bright red either way. Julián noticed last night in the rooftop that when she if flushed or embarrassed her ears go Scarlett as well. It was the small things like these he picked up on.

"Really" he dragged the 'ly' out.

"Shut up" she was laughing at the two now and threw her scrunched up napkin at him, hitting him in in the nose.

With an exasperated gasp he said, " Taylor Alison Swift I am injured!how dare you attempt murder on me!"

Taylor just continued to laugh at his reaction. Julián loved her laugh. It was like waking up in a chilly autumn Sunday and being able to stay in bed all day watching the leaves fall with a good book. Comforting and homely. Julián could get used to hearing that sound every day.

Some enough Taylor's laugh became addictive and Julián found himself succumbing to laughs as well.

Their moment however was broken shortly after by the waitress from earlier

"Hi I'm sorry but are you Taylor Swift by any chance?"

"I am hi" Taylor told the girl of maybe 16. She looked like she was about to combust with excitement.

"Oh my god! C-could I get a picture by any chance"

Taylor nodded to her and said 'of course'. The girl looked towards Julián asking him if he could take a picture of them to which he gladly accepted.