Chapter 19: Knew

"Tell me

"Tell me. What you do want to know?" Lorenzo asks me looking straight at me in the eyes.

"You knew that I was the one who attacked and blew your warehouses. How?" I say calmly.

His reactions and expressions while looking and talking to me since the first day ahd proved that he knew something I didn't.

"What? It was you? Why" Llyod interrupts but shuts up when me and his father glare at him.

"I knew and I had always has doubts because of your father"

"What doubts?" I ask.

"Nick is sitting beside you so I'm sure your father had made connections with the Americans" he says.

Nick glances at me first them turns to Lorenzo and says, "Yes, he secured an Alliance by our marriage. Bu-"

"-wait WHAT?" Llyod screams again.

"Can you shut up for once please?" I grit my teeth at his annoying self.

"I-I, ok" he says in a low voice. He looks at the ring in my hand first and then my eyes, then looks away.

"So as I was saying before I was rudely interrupted" Nick starts again but before he does he looks at Llyod and smirks, then continues.

"Me and Serenity had our wedding fixed" he says emphasizing at the word 'wedding' , then looks at Llyod again and smirks.

What in the world?

Llyod narrows his eyes at Nick but then looks away when he sees me noticing.

I then continue, "Dad told me that he's doing this so it will be easily for me to control my mafia if I have a husband"

I'm not going to tell him about me taking over the Spanish mafia too, it's too soon. Maybe I shouldn't but I'm curious and I want answers, so I definitely will in the future.

"But you're trained well enough, so why will he need to give you a husband if there's only one mafia you have to take over?" Says Lorenzo.

The look he's giving me right now is proving to me that he does not believe with the ruling-only-one-mafia-lie. But if he knows then how.

Before anything else. I take out the picture with mom, dad, Lorenzo and Alina together from my pocket that I found in Lucia's room the other day when she was showing me the picture album.

I place the picture on the table and Indicate for Lorenzo to have a look at it. He picks it up and his eyebrows raise as if not expecting me to have that picture.

Llyod runs like a 5 yr old and stands behind his father trying to have a look at the picture. He returns to his seat after he has seen it but still does not say anything since he knows what happened when he tried to.

"Victor gave you this picture?" Lorenzo asks.

"No, It fell from Lucia's photo album when she was showing it to me the other day"

"Oh"

Llyod clears his throat, them gestures with his hands for my permission to speak. I allow him.

"So you saw all the pictures?" He asks.

I smirk and say a 'yes', probably Knowing he is asking this because of a picture of him as a baby in only his diaper.

His face flushes and redness coats his cheeks from all the way to his ears. He looks away.

I look infront of me, my smirk vanishing when I see that Both Nick and Lorenzo are looking at me and Llyod with a knowing look.

"So, you guys have known each other since a long time. How?" I ask Lorenzo.

"We used to be High school friends. Actually close friends"

"So what happened, that he now wants to kill such a close friend of his?"

Lorenzo's eyebrows raise to his hairline but he still does not give me much of a reaction. Like he was expecting this.

I look at Llyod to see his face down, the redness still there but slowly fading away. But the concentration in his face says that he is listening.

"Ah, I knew it. He had started with his plan"

That picked up my interest. "What plan?"

"Listen child, I know you told me you will believe everything I say. But I know that if tell you his plan, you'll kill me on spot, so I would rather not take the risk and just tell you to wait and see what he does next. You'll find out soon I hope"

And with that he stands up and walks away from his office, but I still hear him yell, "honey, where are you? I need a massage baby..." The voices fade away since he's gone.

"I think we should go" Nick says.

"Where are you guys staying?" Llyod asks.

"We've got a house here" I answer.

"Oh"

He then adds again, "you two live there.... alone?"

"Yeah we do" Nick says with the biggest grin possible on his face. "We live alone" he says again emphasizing on the word 'alone' at which Llyod narrows his eyes at him again and Nick smirks at him again.

What in the world again?

"Let's go" I say and stand up and me and Nick walk out of the office with Llyod following close behind.

When I reach the living room to reach the front door. I see Bella pulling Austin and Luciano's ear from each of her hands, walking out of the kitchen, cursing at both of them.

We ignore and then say our bye's to each other and then me and Nick are in our car driving to our house.

"So, now what?" Nick ask after a minute of silence.

"Just like Lorenzo said, to wait"

"Hmm"

"Both Lorenzo and Dad are hiding something, all I have to find out is what"

"It's difficult but I'm sure you'll do it. By the way, how did Lorenzo know that you came all the way here just to kill him and the fact that he wasn't even fazed by this is crazy"

"That's exactly what is triggering me the most. Lorenzo knew and he would have even tried to kill me, but he didn't...." I say.

"Right now, let's just go and chill and we'll see what to do next about your Father"

"Yeah"

☘️☘️☘️

VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW