Chapter 20: Psycho

Nick drives and I sit silently in the passenger seat

Nick drives and I sit silently in the passenger seat. I got no answers from Lorenzo. All he told me was to stay safe. Like bro give me a reason.

"Well we got no answers. What are we suppose to do now?" Nick asks me.

"I don't know. Why are all the dad's same? They give no answers when talked too. No wonder dad and Lorenzo were high school best friends" I scoff.

He chuckles but stays quite knowing we are clueless on what to do. 5 more months and I'll finally take over the Russian mafia and 4 more months for us to get married which is never happening.

At this point I could care less about what dad wants me to do. I have had enough listening to his orders since I could remember. And now this marriage. I am not going to marry someone just because they can help me handle two Mafias. Nah not happening.

Dad should know that he had trained me well enough to deal with any amount of mafias. Plus ordering me for the sake of our mafia was ok but this, this is about my entire life. I'm not letting him do that.

I look at the ring on my finger and scowl. I never wanted this. Atleast not just by anybody. But by somebody I'll love.

I rest my head on the window and look outside seeing the various people pass by. Some with their mother while some with their brothers or sisters. I wish I could have that in my life. Someone who would care for me without any selfish deisire. I know my dad cares for me for more than anything but I just wished he would not burden me with so much.

Signing I realise that I should be grateful atleast I have a caring dad. Not everybody has.

I look outside the window once before I look in the front but my eyes lock on something particular.

A man dressed in all black with dark green eyes just like the one I saw when I visited the Italians many weeks before outside Llyod's office. And the very exact same person is here, riding a motorcycle behind us. Except his eyes nothing else is visible.

And that's when I realise that we're being followed.

"Nick stop the car!" I tell him.

"Wha–"

"Just do it" I yell again.

He stops the car abruptly and I immediately get out of the car. Nick following immediately.

I look around the surrounding and he's nowhere in sight. He's gone like he never existed.

"What happened?" Nick asks me concerned.

"I thought– no nevermind. Nothing. Sorry" I murmur at the end deciding on not telling anyone about this since it all could be my misunderstanding since I have only seen that person here in Italy. Not once in Russia and that too only close by to Llyod's house or his office. He could be a resident of here.