Chapter 25: Dark

"Lorenzo I'm ready" Serenity says after we are finished with our dinner and are sitting in the Living room couch

"Please tell me everything you know. You have no idea in how much confusion I'm in because of my dad and now I don't even trust him completely" she says pleadingly as she sits beside me. I take her hand and interwine with mine. She looks at me and gives me small smile that is enough to take my breath away.

Whipped

Who can't be?

I glance away and my eyes connect with Austin's and he gives me a knowing smirk.

I look at dad and it looks like he's having a Whirlpool in his mind. He glances at Serenity to look for any doubt but as he finds none he nods.

"Your dad has always been power hungry" he starts and everyone listens to him intently. The sound of Serenity's breath fills as ears and I can only assume how impatient she is.

Dad then continues, "we met in NYU, America. Me and your dad studied from there. We first met through a fight and immediately became best friends.

Your dad, Victor Volkov, was traning along with his brother, Valadimir Volkov, his younger brother. He was..uh.. a psychopath, Valadimir.

Years went by and our relationship as best friends grew but it sson changed a few years later he became the Don"

I take in all the information and Dad starts again.

"That's when he became Power hungry. He wanted all the Mafias too himself. So he started with his first plan. He married your mom"

"How was that a plan?" Asks Serenity.

"Your mom was the princess and the only hier of the Spanish mafia. That mafia was very weak. So Victor took the advantage. He married your mom in terms of an Arranged marriage. He knew that once your maternal grandparents step down their throne, the mafia will be handed over to your mom, Gabriela.

We were still best friends that time, so he used to tell me all of his plans and secrets but I think there are some that I still have no idea about.

Anyways going back to it, Your father thought that he would be getting the Spanish mafia in control but it soon changed when he received a contract.

The contract said that since Spanish mafia will need a Ruler, the mafia shall not be handed over to the hiers husband but the child. That is you Serenity. It said that the first child will be given the Russian Mafia whereas the second child was to be handed the Spanish"

"So that's why I'm getting both since I'm the only child" Serenity states.

"Y-yes" he looked hesitant in saying that. I frowned.

He then continues, "He fixed your marriage with the Americans second child is because I think is to capture the American mafia too after gaining their control. And I think he even faked us being the killers of your mom so you would kill us and gain this mafia too. So in total your dad would be able to gain the Spanish, Italian, America and the Russian is already his. Total 4 mafias in total.

𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐂(ON HOLD)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara