Chapter 24: Talk to me

I am woken awake by the sound of the loud knocking in the safe house

I am woken awake by the sound of the loud knocking in the safe house. I groaned then stuffed my face back in the pillow under the covers. I felt the bed undip and Llyod walked out of the room probably to open the door.

A few seconds later he came back and went under the covers again. I'm pretty sure he's too sleepy to even notice I'm here. Thank God. So I quickly get out of the bed and check the time to see it's 6. We slept for too long.

I went inside the attached bathroom and looked at my all puffy face. I don't know how people look beautiful after a long sleep. I look like a goat.

I quickly took a small shower that I do before bed but did it right now instead. I then quickly dried my hair and got dressed up in comfy clothes.

 I then quickly dried my hair and got dressed up in comfy clothes

I go outside the bathroom to see Llyod still wide asleep. I quickly make the side of the bed where I slept. He'll never find out. That would be awkward.

I then take the same blanket to used and placed it on the sofa to make it look like I actually slept there.

I check for my phone and realise I left it in the bathroom. I go to grab it taking a fe seconds to look at myself in the mirror again. When I'm back in the room, Llyod is already awake. I see how he stairs at the wall for a good few seconds then let's his eyes wander off around the room.

I open my Calendar app and scroll through it while standing at the entrance of the door so I don't look like I'm staring at him. When I glance up I see his eyes fluctuating between the couch and the bed where I actually slept but he doesn't need to know that.

"Who slept on the couch?" He asks. His voice all raspy and deep.

"Me" I speak in a 'duh' tone.

"But you-ohhh. Yeah! yeah you did" he stutters.

"I told you I could sleep anywhere. I don't need a king sized bed just to sleep for a few hours" I say arrogantly flipping him off.

I then start to walk out of the rrom but halt in my steps when I hear snort from him. I turn around to see him holding a fist to his mouth to stop himself from laughing.