Chapter 31: Lap

How did i not notice, is what i've been asking myself for the past two days

How did i not notice she was being abused? Why didn't i try harder?

I shake my head snapping out of thought.

This isn't what's happening today.

I walk out of my office into the garage as Penelope sits and talks with the boys. She seems a bit happier today.

I walk over to them and lean against the car massaging Penelope's thigh as she sits on the bonnet.

"K, boss, what's the plan?" Gavin asks.

"You guys get her stuff, i'll take care of her dad." Blood pumps in my veins as i think about what i'm going to do to this fuckers face.

"Can i come too?" Penelope asks.

I shake my head, "You're staying here."

"But i want to say goodbye to dad. I might not ever see him again."

I look at her and i know i shouldn't let her go but if she wants to say goodbye she should be aloud. I'll be there to protect her.

"She can come just for a bit, she'll be okay." Nico says.

I nod, "Okay."

All of us jump in our cars. Together we will have enough room for all her things. She says she doesn't have much anyway.

We drive to her house and i don't let go of her thigh the entire drive.

Her legs bounce as she fiddles with my ring.

"It will be alright." I assure her.

I won't let him hurt her. I won't let him hurt my friends. And there's no fucking way he could even hurt me.

"How are you feeling today?" I ask.

"Better," She lets out a breathe, "I don't have to lie to you anymore."

"Did it bother you having to lie?"

She nods, "I hate lying. Especially to you."

The fire in my heart lights up again. She wouldn't lie to me.

I pull up infront of her house and the boys soon arrive. Our cars cover the side walks. We all climb out and i hold Penelope's hand as we walk to the door.

I look at her and she knocks, her small figure crowded by the four of us boys.

The door opens and her dad looks at us, beer in hand.

Penelope begins to shiver and i squeeze her hand letting her know i'm here.

"Papa, can we talk?" She whispers.

He ignores her and looks at all of us. I'm ready to hit him. So fucking hard.

"Suree." He slurs.

Me and Penelope go with him to the kitchen and the boys begin going upstairs to get her things while her dad doesn't realise.