𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

A/N - thank you for 4k reads <3 !!

Today I got ungrounded, my mom made me retake the test. I had got a better grade. I got a C.

I went over Matt's house a little more now that I know his mom. I love Ms.Carters. She's so sweet, I haven't met Mr.Carter but that's okay.

Today is the 16th, meaning Chase's birthday was tomorrow and his party is 3 days away. I was still deciding if I wanted to go to his party.

I'm not the type of person to go to parties.

When chase was little he always wanted a football, with a signing of his favorite player. Now, I can't get that.

But he loves rings, so I decided to go with a ring. I asked the worker if they could engrave 'ch is an asshole.' around the ring.

they did it, put the ring in a box and wrapped it with bubble wrap. They gave me a small bag.

"Your total is.. $85.20" I dig in my bag for the 20 cents. Luckily I found a quarter. "Keep the change" I smile at the worker.

Even though it's only 5 cents, I honestly didn't need it.

I went back home, wrapped the small box into tissue paper because I couldn't find wrapping paper anywhere.

** incoming call from , Taylor **

I accept the quickly.

Taylor : "Hey girl!"

Me : "Hi!"

Taylor : "Guess what!" She squealed.

Me : "What?"

Taylor : "There is a new girl at school starting tomorrow! Maybe she could join our friend group!"

Me : "Yeah! That sounds super cool."

Taylor : "Are you free right now? Could I come over."

Me : "Sure!"

We both say a goodbye and hang up.

I leave the box in my drawer of my desk, and head downstairs.

"Hi!" I greet the boys. Seriously don't they have a family, or a home to go to. "Wassup Dani" Jayden pulls me into a hug.

"Still dealing with Matt trouble?." He asked, bringing all the others attention over to us. "Matt trouble?" Levi questioned.

"Oh it's not that serious, just a misunderstanding." I shrug it off.

"Dani, you should tell them to." Jayden encourages me. Slowly I catch myself giving in, as I start to tell them, everything. Everything but what happened the pass 5 weeks.

I told them about him telling me to stay away from the boys, I told them about the small rude comments he made.

But I can't bring myself to tell them about Matt starving me, not to mention he started hitting me last week.

It's over small things to, like when I won't get him something, or listen to what he says, or if I 'talk back' or 'have attitude'

"That's really messed up." Connor says in a joking way. "Fuck off connor." I gave him the finger and went to get the door because Taylor texted me she was here.

"Hi!" Amelia squealed. "Oh my god my favorite person ever! Move Dani." Levi pushes me to the side, picks up Amelia and spins her around.

"Hi uncle Levi." Did I forget to mention she started calling us all auntie or uncle?

"Hi!! Guess what, I found out about this unicorn..." they got quieter as they walked off

"Matt was just with a girl I saw him not even before I got here." Taylor told me as we sat down on the couch gaining the others attention.

"Oh, what did she look like?" It was probably his cousin Avery. "The same girl from a few weeks ago."

"Oh that's his cousin." I shrug it off. "Anyway, what y'all want to do?" Taylor ask. "Let's go to Starbucks!" I say quickly.

"Of course you want Starbucks." Chase says which makes Levi chuckle. "So? Starbucks is so good."

"Okay fine get on your shoes." I smile happily and go put on my shoes. I wait for everyone else at the door.

"Hey loser" Chase comes up to me ruffling my hair. "Don't mess up my hairrr" I whined. That just makes him mess it up worse.

I give him a glare before going in front of the mirror to fix it.

"Okay let's go!" Alex pulls us all out of the house, I guess I sort of got him addicted to Starbucks by going there everyday.

One time he drank my whole entire pink drink, I was so close to smacking him.

We go through the drive thru. Chase got a ice chai latte, as well as me, with pumpkin cold foam.

Connor just got a black coffee, no sugar, no cream. Just black coffee... that has to be gross. Amelia got a chocolate cake pop.

The others got a pink drink, because like I said I got them addicted. They give us all of our drinks, and the total came to around 40 dollars, which is reasonable for 9 people.

"Thank you Levi." I thank him taking a sip of my drink, happily.  "Anything for you" He sends me a cheeky grin.

Now, we are home watching hocus pocus, because Halloween is right around the corner.

***

I wake up to the smell of pancakes, I get up lazily before going downstairs and see my mom cooking.

She made 4 plates of pancakes, already.

And she was still making more.

"Why are you making so many pancakes mom?" I question taking one of the small pieces and shove it into my mouth.

"Because I have 8 beasts to feed, honey." She said sweetly. "Oh right." I remembered. "Can you get out the maple syrup for me?"

I place the syrup on the counter.

I hear loud footsteps running downstairs. "Hi sissy." Levi runs up to me and gives me a huge hug.

"Hi Levi." I giggled.

I said good morning to the others.

"Happy birthday, loser." I playfully said to Chase. "Thank you."

"Mhm!" I rush back upstairs to get ready for Taylor, because she was picking me up this morning.

I hear a beep outside 15 minutes later, signaling Taylor was here.

__________________

I'm so sorry I haven't been updating, I've been really tired lately and school is just so stressful.

Thanks for reading!

Thoughts ?

Word count - 1045

- B.