𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏

I wasn't typically mad at Chase. He didn't have a choice and he was trying to protect me. I'm just mad at the fact he's going to be hurting people.

But again. It wasn't his choice. He doesn't know that I know I heard him screaming on the phone. He was just in the other room.

We have very thin walls. So. It was expected.

I told Taylor about it, because half the school knows already. It's only been 3 days. Taylor was surprised and fairly mad at Levi.

We are both so mad at Chase's dad for doing that. And threatening me. It was messed up. I mean who does that?

"Why is everyone starting at us?" Levi asked. "Oh y'know it's just normal for you to join a mafia group at what 18 years old?" Taylor snapped.

"Right. Sorry. Didn't mean to snap." She said quickly after. "I'm sorry." She hugs Levi. "It's okay. I get it. It's a lot to take in right now." He comforted her.

We were all heading to lunch. Surprisingly today, I wasn't hungry. At all

I haven't ate since ... yesterday? I'm not sure. Maybe the day before yesterday. I just haven't been hungry, which was weird for me.

"You're not going to eat?" Chase asked. A concerned look on his face. "I'm not hungry."

"Baby, you have to eat." He digs in his bag for something. He pulls out a little ziplock bag. "Here, have some cookies."

"Hey! You said you would give those to me." Jayden pouted. "To late." Chase shrugged. "You can have one!" I give him a cookie.

"Yay. This is why you're my favorite." He sends glares at Chase. I slowly eat the cookie. 5 minutes after, I felt this weird feeling in my stomach.

I go to the closest bathroom and go into the stall. Chase came from behind me, holding my hair for me.

"Fuck. Are you alright?" He grabs some toilet paper so I could wipe my mouth. "Im fine."

I take out a piece of gum, knowing that my breath probably wasn't a good smell. "This is why you need to eat." He gently grabs my waist, standing me up.

I go to the sink,splashing cold water on my face. I look back at my reflection. I look a mess. I'm paler than usual. My hair is a frizzy mess.

I think I was starting to get a cold. Winter was just around the corner. As thanksgiving was just the other day, it was very good.

It's now officially Christmas time!

"Do you think you could handle the rest of the day?" He asked, worried. "Yeah. I'm fine." I nod at him letting him know I'm okay.

"Okay." He places a gentle kiss on my forehead. We go back to the lunch room after I calmed down.

"Was everything okay?" Taylor asked. "I just didn't feel well. I'm pretty sure I'm getting a cold or something." I shrug sitting back down. "Oh no." She side hugs me a small pout on her face.

She placed the back of her hand on my forehead,
Like my mother would do when I was little. "You are pretty warm." She said.

"Oh."

"You should go home, Darling. You're obviously sick." Chase rubs my back. "No. I've already been out of school long enough. I can handle 3 more hours."

Was I able to handle 3 more hours? No I wasn't. My stomach was hurting so bad. My head started to ache.

"You do not look okay." Levi sits down next to me in last period. "I'm not." I groan. Chase comes into the class. His jaw was clenched and his eyes were very dark.

He seemed upset.

As soon as he saw me his eyes softened. "You don't seem fine. Are you alright?" He rubs my back as he took as seat.

"I'm fine." I give him a played smile. "You're lying." He gave me a stern look. "My head really hurts." I admit.

"Here. Take a nap." He gives me his hoodie to use as a pillow. "Are you sure you won't be cold?" This room was very known to be freezing cold.

Kids would get hoodies, sweaters, jackets as much as they could to keep warm. Heat doesn't work in this room and the Teacher always has the windows open.

"I'm okay."

I lay my head on the hoodie letting my eyes flutter shut.

***

I wake up due to my head hurting so to much. "How long was I asleep?" I ask chase as the teacher is still teaching.

"15 minutes." He shut his phone off. "Oh. Okay. Thank you." I put my head back down, to see if I could fall asleep again.

I couldn't.

"2 more hours, love. We can just leave now if you want to. You look miserable." He runs his fingers through my hair.

"I can't miss anymore school." I shook my head. "Daniella." He glared at me. Knowing he wasn't going to no as an answer anymore, I agreed to leave after this period ended.

Only because I couldn't quite handle the constant throbbing in my head. After the bell rang, Chase quickly let the others know we were leaving.

We drove back home silently. I knew my mom wasn't home. She's barley been home ever since she got back with dad.

"I'll go get you some medicine and tea." He kissed my forehead. "I don't want to get you sick." I lay back in my bed.

"I don't care if I get sick. As long as you're okay." He told me, leaving the room to get me the stuff I needed.

He comes back in my room 15 minutes later with medicine, tea, and soup. "I made you soup. I know you're not eating right now, but you could still try it." He places the tray on the side table before crawling into bed with me.

"Thank you." I mumbled. He hummed in response. He wraps his arms around my waist dragging me closer to him.

I feel myself starting to doze off.

Hopefully, I don't stay sick for long.

  _____________

Oh my god!! Thank you guys so much for 30.3k reads🥹 seriously I appreciate it so much. I love you guys.

Thanks for reading!

Thoughts?

Word count - 1052

- B.