That planned attack

Abhiram's POV

"Abhiram bhai, bhabhi, I was on my way here to meet you when I received a call from Inspector Dave.", Pratik was sat with us in our living room.

While we were exchanging some basic pleasantries, Aaru immediately got busy with the loads of snacks he had gotten from his fua. We practically had to scold him by taking those chocolates away from him. Usually our baby was really well-behaved, but come on, he's a kid, and kids are bound to fall down the rabbit hole of chocolates and other spicy snacks.

Pratik took a bite of the sandwich which Avi had prepared for breakfast.

"And what did he say?", Avi's voice had turned a bit anxious.

If I said I wasn't nervous about what he was about to reveal in front of us, I would be lying. More than what had happened with me that day, or what was about to happen, I was anxious and honestly scared about the motive behind that attack. Who was it, and what did that person want? Despite of the fact that Pratik and I had strong suspicions about Kinjal, I sincerely hoped it was not her. As it is, the amount of evil she has harbored within, the malice she has subjected us to, all of that was enough for a lifetime. If she's involved, I won't be shocked, to state the facts, but the way mummy and pappa would collapse yet again - I was scared about that.

If she were to be involved, the fact that she attempted to play with my Avi and Aaru's life would be enough for me to show her what hell meant. She might have been my sister once, but presently, she's only a suspect in my eyes. And even if she's not the culprit, she won't be anything more than a person I used to know. She had done us enough damage for this lifetime.

"Abhi bhai, its not what he had suspected. Bhabhi, you were right, its not Kinjal."

At this point, a sigh of relief escaped past everyone.

"But then, who?", I was genuinely curious to know.

"Pratik bhai, as far as we know, neither Abhiram nor I have any enemies as such. I mean, we do have competitors, but that's the extent of it?", Avi had a frown on her face.

That was how it was. We were not the kind to make enemies - that sounded really different, but well, we did not really have any enemies, ay least there was no feeling of enmity for anyone from our side. Yes, we were quite private people, keeping to ourselves most of the times, but the both of us were serious professionals too.

"There's one thing that you are forgetting bhabhi.", Pratik bhai had a troubled expression on his face, but before he could speak further, the door bell rang.

"Who might it be?", Avi's eyebrows were furrowed in confusion, which I could relate with. We were not expecting anyone.

"Let me see."

"Helloooo, mere Ram.", Dev's voice was loud and clear as he engulfed me in a bear hug.

"Dev, come in.", I ushered him in, identical grins on our faces, after I had returned his hug.

"Arre Dev."

"Hey Avanti. I have gotten a surprise for you.", Dev's voice was a mixture between mischievous playfulness and genuine excitement.

"What is it?", my curious wife jumped off the sofa, and approached him. Usually, when Dev would say that he had gotten a surprise for Avi, it meant some street food of some kind. The two were completely crazy for those particular types of street foods.

"Ta da.", the grinning idiot opened one of the bags in his hands in which I found raw mangos. That's it, it would come anytime now.

"Ahhh"