𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 | 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐢𝐫

𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 | 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐢𝐫

Lila anxiously looked in her mirror as anxiety bubbled through her body.

Do I really have to go to this party? She thought to herself.

Considering Nick had invited her, it would be rude not to, so the girl sucked it up and continued getting ready.

She decided on a denim mini skirt, matched with a black tube top. Lila hated wearing short clothes more than anything, but it was hot outside, leaving the girl with no choice.

After she was ready, she looked at the time on her phone.

Proudly, she smiled to herself as she realized she was finally on time. Well that's a first.

She trailed downstairs, sitting on the comfortable leather couch scrolling through her Instagram feed as she waited for her brother.

Her thumbs stopped scrolling as she came across a new post from Nick. The picture was from the game earlier, showing him being lifted in the air by his teammates after being the main reason Collingwood won.

She zoomed into his face, smiling as the sight of the boy. He looked genuinely happy.

"What the fuck are you wearing" A voice spoke from the hallway, nearly resulting in Lila dropping her phone onto the wooden floorboards beneath her.

Lila's head snapped up to see Jordan with a screwed up look on his face.

"A skirt and a top.... it's literally 28 degrees outside what do you expect?" She scoffed, standing up from her position on the couch.

Jordan was wearing black dress pants and a black shirt which had the top three buttons undone.

"Fine, Fine. Alright, let's go. I can't believe you were ready before me for once" He laughed, walking side by side with his sister as they approached their car.

As the sibling duo arrived at Brayden's house, Lila tugged at the hem of her skirt uncomfortably.

Jordan placed his hand on his sister's lower back, leading her through the crowds of people until they found a group of Jordan's teammates.

"The De Goey's!" Mason Cox yelled from beside them.

Lila didn't talk to Mason a lot, though she found him funny and kind which was all he needed for her to like him.

The American hugged the younger girl, before shaking her brother's hand.

Lila looked around cautiously.

She hated big crowds.

Throughout high school, she had only been to 1 party. It's not like she wasn't invited to any, it's that she refused to make an appearance at any social event after her bad experience.

Her friends were constantly pushing her to go out with them, but Lila never budged. After what happened, she much fathered watching their night outs via Instagram and Snapchat.

In year 11, Lila's friends had finally convinced her to go to one of their friend's house parties. Surprisingly, she was having fun up until her friends ditched her for some stupid guys, and left her all alone with the creepy boy they had previously set her up with earlier in the night.

Lila and the guy talked for around 5 minutes, before they fell into awkward silence.

The guy who she remembered as 'Dave' tried to kiss her suddenly, and Lila freaked out and pulled away.

The guy then proceeded to call her every misogynist and vile words he could think of, before grabbing her wrists and pushing her onto the ground.

He then got on top of Lila's small body, and started kissing her neck as hard as he could.

His hand then trailed down to her thighs, where her legs were fully exposed as she was only wearing a short, mini dress.

Lila wasn't to sure what happened after that, she was frozen.

All she knew was that someone had pulled the disgusting boy from on top of her off, before he could proceed anything further.

She remembered coming home crying, and telling Jordan everything that had happened.

Her brother was furious. She'd never seen him that agitated before. Lila had to convince him not to find the boy and beat him to death for touching his little sister.

Lila shuddered at the memory, before looking down and playing with the rings that covered her fingers— something she did when she was anxious.

She sat on a chair in Brayden's kitchen, watching as everyone danced happily around her.

She smiled to herself when she saw Jordan with a massive smile on his face, surrounded by all of his friends.

Lila loved her brother more than anything in the whole world, and seeing him happy made her happy.

The pair went through a lot during their childhood, and she believed that Jordan deserved everything good in the world.

She sighed, before getting up from the chair and making her way over to her brother.

She tapped his shoulder lightly, as he was in the middle of dancing with Beau Mccreery.

"Hey i'm just going outside for a bit, i'll be back" She shouted over the loud music.

"Okay, come to me if you need anything okay?" Jordan smiled assuringly, which the girl nodded at.

Jordan always worried for his sister after the incident that occurred a couple of years back, so he made a mental note to go looking for her if she didn't come back in the next 20 minutes.

Lila made her way through the crowd once again, this time alone.

She took deep breaths, pulling on her skirt in desperation before finally reaching Brayden's back yard.

She sighed gratefully as she breathed in the fresh air.

Lila slowly sat on the hard, dusty gravel which would probably end up staining her black skirt.

Goosebumps formed on her arms from the sudden change of temperature, but Lila didn't care. As long as she wasn't surrounded by hundreds of people, she was okay.

"Lila?"