𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

thirteen | home alone

Jordan held the door open for his sister, as they both arrived at Marvel Stadium for his game.

The DeGoey siblings walked through the hallways in comfortable silence before finally making it to the Collingwood rooms.

Lila pushed open the door, to see absolutely no one in the rooms. Usually when she came, players were scattered around everywhere yelling and screaming.

"Where is everyone-" Lila was cut off to see the whole Collingwood team jump out from behind the lockers.

"Suprise!" They yelled in unison

Lila's mouth was opened in shock as she watched Darcy Moore approach her with a massive cake. A few of the other teammates stood behind him with balloons.

"Happy birthday DeGoey, this is from all of us" Darcy smiled, placing the cake on the table infront of her.

Lila was still in utter shock. She felt as though she was about to burst out crying.

"Thankyou guys so much, I love you all" Lila smiled before going around the room one by one and hugging each player.

After what felt like forever, Lila came around to Nick.

"Hey pretty boy" Lila smirked jokingly, before Nick leaned in and kissed his girlfriend passionately.

"Happy birthday princess" Nick told her, before handing her a small box.

"Nick, you didn't have to" Lila smiled, looking up at her boyfriend with thankful eyes. Nick shut her down before telling her to open it up before he had to start prepping for his game.

Once she opened the box, a gold necklace appeared. Lila gasped out loud when she realized the necklace was from Tiffany and Co.

"Nick are you serious? I can't take this" Lila said in shock.

"Stop it. You deserve it more than anything"

Before Lila could reply, Nick grabbed the necklace from her hands and wrapped it around her neck.

She felt his warm fingertips against the back of her soft neck, sending shivers down her spine.

The second he put it on, Lila kissed the boys lips with excitement.

"Thank you Thank you Thankyou!" She smiled excitedly.

Nick was about to say something before being cut off by a booming voice in the near distance.

"Hate to cut this cute little moment short but you were supposed to be warming up 5 minutes ago"

It was Craig McRae.

"Sorry coach, i'm coming now" Nick replied before planting one last kiss on Lila's cheek and running through the door, leaving Craig and Lila alone.

Lila really liked Craig. He wasn't one of those coaches who were really mean and made all their players hate them. If anything, he was the opposite. Lila respects Craig a lot, especially since he let her come to all their trainings, and sit with her brother and his teammates before games.