Crossed Paths

— Traitor! scum! One of my kind working with blood hunters, you are the lowest of the low! — the dark-skinned bulky man with buzz-cut white hair spat on the ground once his prosecutor caught up to him, he stood hunched with his claws at the ready, baring his golden fangs.

Rajeem stood before him, composing himself and straightening his suit, poised and serene, he looked confused for a split second, then frowned at the man, — I think you misunderstood the situation.

— What is there to misunderstand?! you come here, askin' and looking for someone with a blood hunter! it's clear that you are a traitor to your kind and want to hand me over! What I don't understand is why?! What do you get from this?! — As he said this his red eyes seemed to flare and his muscles looked like they were pulsing under the flannel shirt he was wearing, had it been another person they would've been tense and/or intimidated in this situation, not Rajeem though, he was calm and standing straight in front of him, which actually made the man much more nervous.

— We're not here for you. — he said simply before turning his back to the man, — We are trying to find a man called Edgar Crowley with the sole purpose of bringing him back home safely. — he added and started walking, knowing the younger man would follow.

— Why were you being so vague then? are you really not here for me? — he insisted but now the mood had completely shifted, he even appeared younger and shorter than Rajeem, roughly 15 years maybe whilst Rajeem appeared in his late teens or early twenties.

—Well, we had just gotten here and you were being strange about our presence, we thought that maybe you had him captive or something of sorts. — he shrugged and gave the younger man a look, — And you don't need to worry, if you're behaving and not causing trouble there is no reason anyone would send blood hunters after any of you.

—Oh I'm the only one that needs to worry about that, well, Pa worries every day about that but maybe if you say that to him he could relax a little? — the genuine smile and hopeful look took Rajeem by surprise and couldn't help but smile and nod.

Once they were back to the front of the cabin where they left the rest of the group the tense ambiance was still in the air but the 4 older men knew that they were to match for The Wrath, so they were sitting on the ground surrounded by them but their angry faces turned into worry when they saw the two pale men coming back to that small clearing in the woods, Evan'geline sighed relieved when she saw Rajeem was ok and as she sighed the twisted form she had taken to scare the men slowly peeled down and Evan skittered back up to her arms, moving like a giant wooden spider.

— It's okay Pa, they're cool. —the young man said as soon as he laid eyes on the older red-haired man who seemed to be the leader of the lumberjacks.

He relaxed and so did his men, Joseph took a few steps back and sat down on a pile of logs and Abel and Sirdan helped the men they had just defeated to stand up from the spot they had them cornered just a few seconds ago.

—Is that so? really?— the redhead stood towering over the mousy frame that was Sirdan and he smiled his lopsided smile.

— That's what we were trying to tell ya man, but you were all like "aaa let's attack these strangers for no reason." — this made the older man chuckle a bit embarrassed and Sirdad tilted his head, — Say, you look familiar, not to say all redheads look the same but I met a guy back in Evermist that looks just like you.

—So you know Erick? he's my son how's he doing? — The man smiled widely, and then the rest could see the resemblance that Sirdan was talking about, the soft smile lines that seemed like he had them from a young age and the kind deep-set green eyes with thick eyebrows that gave away all of his emotions and opinions.