Last Howl

It all felt like a switch in their brains, such is the mind of an adventurer, suddenly, the nervous redhead acolyte wasn't nervous, the musician lost in his music was on guard, the charming performer hardened, the laughing woman in the crowd turned serious and the man drugged beyond reason sobered up, the five of them, strangers to some, old friends to others would become closer in time if they made it through this but at this time, as if sharing one mind and heart they all thought the same thing "I have to do something"

And so they did, it was like tunnel vision, Three large werewolves stood out of the terrified crowd they were terrorizing, they screamed and looked around the fleeing townsfolk as if looking for something, "their next target, maybe" one of these adventurers thought as she pressed her way towards the creature closest to her she laughed slightly, ready to smack it with her bare hands to get a better feel of what she was dealing with, just as she was getting in position the hairs in the back of her head stood up and she dodged the upcoming threat.

—What the... threads? — she muttered as thick red threads flew right beside her to quickly wrap around the creature's arm and retract back to where they came from leaving the werewolf growling in pain, her eyes followed to the source to find a lanky boy with white hair holding a pretty wooden doll that was just a little unkempt. —Hey! Watch it! — She called out but the boy didn't look her way.

From the other side of the stage, another werewolf had a scared elderly man in its claws ready to tear him apart — SUSANA, WHERE IS SUSANA— it growled in the man's face. Still, its victim could only scream in response, making it angrier, and when it was about to take a bite out of his shoulder a dull green crackling energy came and smacked the creature in its mussel, making it drop the old man that scrambled on the ground and ran away.

—Heyyy there Roscoe, can I call you Roscoe? I had a dog like you, I think. — about 15 feet to the creature's right stood a half-elven man with shoulder-length brown hair and a lopsided smile, his eyes seemed unfocused and the was a slight sway in his stance, but his hand was steady as leftover sparks danced through his fingers.

Before the creature could growl a flurry of blows surprised it from its side, to the half-elf the blur of black and white took the shape of a young man with long black hair and skin so pale it reminded him of something he snorted earlier that day. He shook his head to focus again and scan his surroundings and stopped half frozen as a huge wave of emotions almost knocked out his feet, a young red-head wearing priestly garments rushed towards the nearly emptied-out town square, he looked older, yes but there wasn't any doubt, he smiled widely. — ABEL! My man, over here! It's me! Sirdan!

In turn, Abel who was making the incantations of a spell he wasn't sure worked but he had to try it and was locking eyes with the target heard a familiar voice he hadn't heard in years, he turned with a smile spreading across his face at the same time he lost control of the spell and a ray of dark gurgling energy went wide over the werewolf's head. —Oh shucks, S-sirdan! Sorry! I-I'm trying to h-help here.

—Yeah me too! What a crazy day huh- aaghc! Hey! Not cool! — he was interrupted by claws ripping his clothes and skin on his left side.

—Dan! — Abel rushed towards his friend almost forgetting about the werewolf he had targeted before, he didn't have to think too much about the incantations or hand postures, like muscle memory he muttered the words — s̵͈͑ȃ̷̭n̵̗̅a̶͚̓b̵̼̒ǐ̴͜t̵̛͎u̵̯̽r̴̡̈ — his voice sounded hollow and echoed up to his friend's ears, making the pain feel less paralyzing.

—Hey! You! Ginger! Mind shooting one of those over here? — The bulky female called from behind him, when he turned a couple thousand apologies got tangled in his throat when she saw her with multiple scratches around her arms and keeping the creature's canines away from her throats by a few inches with her bare hands.