Final Round

While Rajeem got ready to leave with his unconscious friend something caught his eye, Sirdan's body started to give a soft golden glow as if he was covered by a gentle shimmer, carefully he placed Evan'geline back on the ground with her back to the wall and went quickly to the half-elf sat still with his eyes wide open, not sure what was going on he sighed and reached to close the lightless eyes but when his fingers gently grazed the man's brow he started to crumble like a sand sculpture, in a panic he stepped back and saw how the golden sand started to move on its own making a small swirl and gently flew outside the cave, he looked back at Evan'geline and hesitantly ran after the fleeing sand. Once outside he saw how the tiny specs of sand and light were piling on a humanoid shape, he cautiously walked towards it and this time when he touched the golden figure it didn't vanish, instead it pealed, leaving underneath a slightly more pale and more elven Sirdan, he gently shook the slightly unfamiliar figure and the now elven man came to consciousness.

—Woa, what... that was a bad trip man. — Sirdan chuckled with his signature lopsided smile and as he went to push his hair back, he noticed the unfamiliar arm he moved and then noticed the rest of his body — Dude, what? sick illusion man.

Still not processing what just happened Rajeem felt like he blinked one eye at a time and shook his head gently — You're... alive?

Sirdad cocked his head as if that would help him understand better — What do you mean? I... I think so... wait, I died right? oh man not again. — he grumbled and got up with the help of the still confused Rajeem.

Once standing, Rajeem took off his coat to give it to Sirdan — Are you ok to walk? I'm going to need your help.

The usually cheery or blissfully dense Sirdan gave a sad sigh and nodded, he wanted to ignore the reality a bit longer but it seemed like Rajeem wasn't going to let him, they walked back inside the cave and stood for a while looking towards the charred body of Abel. Then Jeem decided to rummage through the cave until he found a decently large tablecloth so they could carry Abel and not have to look at the body or touch the charred skin, gently they covered the blackened body and Sirdan noticed the unusual holy symbol his friend carried and scoffed softly. — I guess all that praying was for naught. — Rajeem only gave him an understanding look while the other man carried the body and then he went to pick up Evan'geline once again, getting scared for a second with how pale and still she looked but once he touched her he felt the soft pulse, and sighed, the two started walking in silence, at a steady pace for hours without uttering a word, they were too tired, too sad, too numb, and finally just before nightfall, they arrived at the cemetery that sat a few miles outside Evermist, where their friend Eilrath had been buried just a few days ago.

They were welcomed by the old golden dragonborn named Prembul who had been so kind and helpful to them from the start, especially to Abel, he seemed sad to see the bundle in Sirdan's arms and stepped out of the grave he had been digging, — I was hoping this one wasn't meant for any of you but I'm afraid my intuition failed me, there are two bodies. — he said looking at Evan'geline still unconscious.

— Oh no, she's not...

— She's barely alive is what she is, come come let's put her somewhere she can rest and we can take care of those wounds, I'm too old to be digging another grave at this time of day. — The old man grumbled and walked towards his small home by the graveyard, it had been a chapel once but now it was in disrepair and just served as refuge for him and any weary traveler that he decided to help.

Once they left Eve resting on the same bed that a wounded and barely alive Abel once occupied they walked outside, Sirdan on the other side never left his old friend's body alone, talking to him as if he was still there, telling him stories and anything that came to mind. However, he stopped once he saw Rajeem and Prembul walking towards him.

—It's time. — Said Rajeem almost apologetic but Sirdan nodded.

Carefully they placed the body on the grave that had been previously dug up and the black-haired elf frowned and scoffed when he saw his friend's holy symbol gently blinking, it was almost unnoticeable, there was just a small gem on the round talisman, maybe once a long time ago there were four but they were either lost or stolen, it looked almost worthless, the wooden disk with concentric circles and four spaces for the onyx pearls and a red one on the very center, the object made Sirdan mad, because when everything on Abel burned this useless trash stayed intact it wasn't fair, and the small pearl blinking red felt like mockery to him, he wanted to rip that stupid little thing from Abel's chest... but he knew, he knew his friend wouldn't have wanted that so he clenched his fists and stepped back as the first handful of dirt was thrown on top of his friend.

A few tortuous minutes went by until the grave looked like it had never been dug up, they stayed silent for a minute before Rajeem spoke up, —I know he was your oldest friend and this must be killing you, I'll let you have a moment... I'll be inside if you need me.

Sirdan watched Rajeem walk inside the small chappel back to Evan'geline's side, glad to see her sitting up and asking the old Dragonborn what had happened, he stayed there looking at them, cursing under his breath, hating that he was left alone to deal with his grief and pain, his hand went instinctively to his nonexistent pocket to grab a cigarette and cursed again —Man, this is so not fair, how come I got a re-do and you didn't? where is your god Abel? where is he? why aren't you back? can't we trade places? like, yeah you always smelt like burnt hair and burnt wood but I liked that... and you were just starting your life, shit man... you're 6 feet under and I can still smell you, heh it even feels warm... weird, I-I'm not drunk yet I swear... I... what the-

The brunette elf stumbled back confused as he saw how the earth seemed to swell and smoke coming from underneath it, and suddenly, without warning a loud BOOM was heard as fire erupted from the grave as rocks and dirt showered Sirdan who tried to protect himself from the abrupt fire, Prembul, Rajeem, and Evan'geline ran outside confused by all the ruckus, just in time as the fire slowly died down and a dark-skinned arm emerged from the grave.

—Fuck yeah.— Sirdan grinned as he rushed to the hole the explosion left and pulled a very much alive Abel, with such force that with just one pull the ginger was out, his friend smiled widely and hugged him tightly.

— Dude, you're naked. — Sirdan stood back with a mocking gesture as if covering his eyes feigning embarrassment.

Abel looked down and snorted — Idiot, you too!