Chapter 20

With the sun dipping below the horizon, Aurelia stood by the window, her gaze fixed on the distant Colosseum. The vibrant oranges and reds of the sunset cast a warm glow on her face as she contemplated the path before her. The weight of her decision was heavy, but her heart swelled with anticipation at the thought of seeing Lucius again. She clutched the parchment Octavia had given her, the details of the gladiators' training grounds and their potential connection to Lucius etched in her mind.

"Tomorrow, I shall go there," she murmured to herself, determination sparking in her eyes. "I will learn more about the gladiators and find Lucius."

"Be sure this is what you want, Aurelia," Octavia cautioned, appearing at her side. "Once you begin this journey, there will be no turning back."

Aurelia glanced at her confidante, noting the concern that furrowed her brow. She offered a reassuring smile. "I am certain, Octavia. My heart tells me this is the right path."

"Then I shall accompany you," Octavia declared, her resolve matching Aurelia's. "We are in this together."

"Thank you," Aurelia said, her voice full of gratitude. "Your loyalty means more to me than you can ever know."

The two women shared a moment of quiet understanding, their bond unbreakable. Their hearts beat in unison with the desire to bring change to Rome, to fight for something greater than themselves. They understood the risks they were taking, but neither could deny the pull of their convictions.

"Come, Octavia," Aurelia softly urged, her hand reaching out to grasp her friend's. "Let us prepare for tomorrow. We have much to do."

As they walked away from the window, Aurelia felt a thrill ripple through her veins, her heart pounding with the anticipation of what lay ahead. The world outside seemed to hold its breath, the setting sun a metaphor for the closing chapter of her old life.

"Tomorrow," she whispered, more to herself than to Octavia. "Tomorrow, our new journey begins."

And with that, she stepped into the darkness of the evening, ready to embrace whatever challenges and adventures awaited her in the days to come. For she knew, deep within her soul, that her love for Lucius would be the guiding light in her quest to change Rome's fate.

"Tomorrow," she repeated, her voice barely audible but filled with hope. "Tomorrow, we fight for a better Rome."

As Aurelia and Octavia retreated into the shadows, the sun dipped below the horizon, its final rays illuminating the path upon which they were about to embark.

Love Among the RuinsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara