Cafe Date, Part 2

"Sorry for the wait," the waitress apologized as she placed the trio's orders down on the table with a soft smile dancing upon her lips.

Geto sent a quick smile to the woman, waving her off. "No worries," he reassured.

"I hope you three enjoy!" The waitress beamed, bowing before heading off to take another table's order.

Once the waitress was gone, the three soulmates looked at one another.

"So, what are you doing in Tokyo, (Y/n)?" Gojo leans against the palm of his hand to move a bit closer to his and Geto's (H/c)-haired soulmate.

(Y/n) raised a brow at the question as he brought his drink up to his lips to take a quick, and quiet sip for a moment.

"Just visiting family," he answered.

This captured the duo's attention, curious about where the other male lived.

(Y/n) sweatdropped as he felt the string around his finger tighten up for a quick second, making him realize that his soulmates were curious about him.

"Oh? Where do you live?" Geto curiously asks.

"Sendai," (Y/n) replied as he placed his drink on the table in front of him.

Geto nodded his head as he took a sip of his drink.

Gojo snacked on his kikufuku, trying to figure out what else to ask the (H/c)-haired male to keep the conversation between the three of them going.

Geto nor Gojo neither wanted the other male to leave them this early into their 'date'.

(Y/n)'s (E/c) eyes shifted between the duo in front of him, quietly sighing as he decided to take another sip of his (F/d).

The male knew he was making everything awkward since he had basically been pushed in the middle of the duo thanks to the soulmate system that was going on in society.

This was one of the reasons why he hated soulmates. They usually ruined a good couple who knew each other for a very long time just to have a third person come in and basically destroy that comfort.

He then shifted his eyes away as he stared blankly into his drink that reflected at him.

Geto looked in the corner of his eyes the second he started feeling the tightness around his finger getting tighter almost every other second.

Gojo took notice of the distant look on (Y/n)'s face, making him worried for the other male.

The duo could tell that their (H/c)-haired soulmate was having doubts about everything again.

And sadly, they had no way to reassure him which broke them a little since they felt a bit useless.

Before either of them could say anything, (Y/n) finally seemed to snap back into reality.

"Soulmates... How do you feel about them?" (Y/n) finally asks, keeping his gaze on the drink in front of him.

Geto hummed lightly. "I find it to be some sort of comfort," he answered.

Gojo smirked widely. "Of course, you'd say it like that, Suguru~," he teased.

Geto scoffed but smiled a little in amusement.

"How do you feel about soulmates, (N/n)?" Gojo asks.

Hearing the question get directed back at him, (Y/n) tightened his hold a little around his drink.

"To be honest? I find having a soulmate or soulmates a burden," (Y/n) truthfully answered.

Geto and Gojo froze when they heard how emotionless (Y/n)'s voice was when he said that.

While frozen, the duo could feel the strings that connected them to the (H/c)-haired male tighten up once more.

(Y/n) ignored the tightness around his finger. He knew why it was tightening, but he didn't know if he should care or not.

But he knew one thing, he could tell that the duo were heartbroken over hearing his answer of finding soulmates a burden.

"Why?" Geto finally breaks the ice.

(Y/n) side-eyed the duo beside and in front of him.

"Why should I be happy over the fact that I'm one out of the fifty people who know I'm ruining an already happy relationship that doesn't need a third person involved?" (Y/n) muttered, shifting his attention back to his drink and taking a small sip from it.

Geto and Gojo looked at each other for a few moments before looking back at their (H/c)-haired soulmate.

"What if we could change your mind about soulmates?" Geto questions.

"I doubt you both could," (Y/n) says under his breath.

The male then immediately sweatdrops when he realizes that he is giving the duo two challenges.

One was to capture his heart.

And the other?

To change his mind about soulmates.