Chapter 28: Shout

Beck

I'm devastated.

I was so looking forward to the homecoming dance. Like my boyfriend, I never had the opportunity of taking a boy to one of those events. I was really excited to dance with Jude for the first time ever and in a public venue.

I do feel bad for the omega boy who got taken advantage of, don't get me wrong. I really do. These types of things weren't taken lightly back in my school, so I do empathize with the victim and hope for a speedy recovery. Though we all know it's nearly impossible for him to not fall pregnant.

It's a tricky biology, that of the male omegas. They are not studied by human scientists because of the secrecy of our species, so all we know of them have been passed down by researchers belonging to our people.

But even with centuries of research, they still can seem to safely interrupt a pregnancy from occurring when in heat. You know, a morning after pill for omegas. It's one of the reasons heat is such a feared business for them.

I mean, that's the main reason. I know my cousin was looking very frightened when he heard about what happened to his peer. I have already heard him speaking of his upcoming heat and I pray to Goddess he'll be safe when it happens.

However, with the deepest respect, that should be no reason for the dance to be canceled. It's not like Bode raped him, Goddess forbids. From what I hear, he's not even into guys. It was really a case of bad timing. The worst.

My Friday was going glorious now all I can hope for is Jude to pull off a miracle and get approval for us to have a dance at the pack house. I'd ask, but I wouldn't want to seem like I'm abusing my position with the Ashcrofts.

I have moved into this pack not long ago, I can't exactly ask for a high school party with dozens of possible repercussions. Anyway, there are much better candidates to do it. I do hope for the best, but I understand it is a big ask, even if we cover the cost.

The classes of Friday go by slowly with the dreadful realization of our squashed Saturday plans. On the other hand, that doesn't mean we can't make plans of our own.

"I was wondering something..." - I began speaking to Jude just before we break for lunch, still inside the classroom.

"No, I can't sleep at the pack house. My father won't let me." - He cut me off, making me blush the reddest so far.

"That wasn't even remotely what I was going to say. You asked for your father's permission to sleep with me?" - I gasped in shock, very flustered. Students were all gossipy about this.

Jude got flustered by the question.

"No, I asked permission to sleep in a guest room at the pack house." - He clarified, blushing as we heard people whispering about us.

"Oh right. Well, what I was going to say is: if we're not going to the homecoming dance anymore, can't we make other plans instead? Even if you get approval for the dance at the pack house, it's not gonna happen this weekend." - I said, smiling at the prospect.

"Of course we can! I'll text you. I'm glad to have the car this Saturday." - He said, boastfully.

"Great. Can't wait. Have a good lunch break." - I winked at him, playfully.

"I can't wait to win the car over on my birthday." - Quentin grunted with his usual confident tone, borderline arrogant.

"It's amusing you think out of 200 girls in your range, you somehow think you hit the jackpot and got your mate right. Your arrogance is futile and the car will be mine." - Jude snapped back, defiantly. Both Quentin and Cassandra grimaced at this.